Rahal strip recovery

So, I had a strip with Rahal 10 years ago. The results were amazing, and I couldn't have been happier, so I am planning round 2 with him soon. The recovery however from Round 1 was pretty horrendous - my eyes were swollen shut for almost a week after surgery.  

Has anyone had a strip procedure with him in more recent years? How was your recovery in terms of pain and swelling? I'm hoping things may have changed in his practice between then and now so that I may get a bit of an easier recovery this time. I HATED the recovery process last time and can't believe I am planning to do this again. But the results were worth it. 

You should ask him what, if anything, he has changed since last time.  Explain your previous experience and ask for his recommendation. 

So, what has changed with YOU in the last ten years to cause you to go for round 2?  Curious what the future could hold. 

Edited by SBSinNYC
Additional info

2 hours ago, SBSinNYC said:

You should ask him what, if anything, he has changed since last time.  Explain your previous experience and ask for his recommendation. 

So, what has changed with YOU in the last ten years to cause you to go for round 2?  Curious what the future could hold. 

When I had my first procedure I was relatively young and so we were quite conservative because we weren't sure what the future would hold for me in terms of hair loss. Now I am 10 years older and my hair loss has been pretty stable on meds, we've decided to go back and lower the hairline a little more and thicken up the top.

2 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Are you sure the swollen eyes are from the strip? I guess it is coming from the recpient (wounding and the injected fluids etc.).

Typical second surgery is smaller, hence less swelling.

I think it was the recipient site that caused the swelling. I hope it is less this time... would love to hear from anyone who has been to Rahal recently! :)

22 hours ago, JohnRoss said:

I think it was the recipient site that caused the swelling. I hope it is less this time... would love to hear from anyone who has been to Rahal recently! :)

jsut had a rahal strip surgery on thursday. The swelling has not been all that intense for me, just on the side of my face, so hopefully that helps u out. How many gradts did you get by the way?

On 8/11/2018 at 6:30 PM, literalno said:

jsut had a rahal strip surgery on thursday. The swelling has not been all that intense for me, just on the side of my face, so hopefully that helps u out. How many gradts did you get by the way?

Cost per graft??

On 8/11/2018 at 6:30 PM, literalno said:

Awesome! Which zones did you have your grafts placed into? Did you have the hairline done?

I had 4000 grafts last time... not sure how many I will need this time. I want to lower my hairline a bit more - last time we were conservative with hairline design because I was young. 

1 hour ago, spex said:

Discuss with clinic as they refer to your notes and based on the outcome post op might well tweak the surgery to help i.e. less saline etc.

Swelling only tends to be bad when hairlines are super dense packed so if not going in as dense or working in different areas it might not be anywhere near as bad. Speak to the clinic as good peeps.

Regards

SPEX

I will ask them - but I am getting my hairline done, and with Rahal it will definitely be super-dense packed, so I guess I am going to have to just suck it up to get the result I want!