Your Posting Thread Indicator

wylie

Can the forum change the color of the star indicator on threads that members have posted in? I always have trouble finding the star when scrolling thru the threads and if it was yellow versus the black indicators of threads I've not posted in it would be much easier to find. Thank you. 

Edited by wylie

Wylie,

I’m not sure I know what you mean. Can you post a screenshot?   What color is it now and what color do you suggest? You mentioned yellow and black, but our key colors are blue and gold/orange.  

That said, one of the easiest ways to keep track of posts that were created during the day is to go to the menu, which is either in the grid menu on mobile or under “activity“ on the desktop called “today’s posts”   This will show you a list of topics that have an updated within the same day. There is also a “newest posts” on the desktop version  that will show you all new posts since you’ve last logged on. Now I don’t think it shows it in the same format, I think it shows every single post so the same topic may appear multiple times but each link will be a different post on topic. 

Also, there are ways to  set up your own “activity stream is” which is like creating custom search results that will always appear for you without having to re-create them. Once you create them, they save for you and for you only.  

Don’t get me wrong, I’m certainly willing to consider your request I just don’t understand what your request is. Please let me know. 

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for your reply Bill. Honestly, I have not figured out all the bells and whistles on the new forum, it's very cool, and I'm sure there is a lot I can do to make my posts appear more noticeable. I just wanted something more visual that shows this thread is one I've posted in. Scanning thru the threads the star that shows does not stand out from the bullet points, at least to my eyes. Just wondering if it could be made larger, a different color, or something else that indicates I have posted in this thread. Something that is easy to see when looking at all the threads on the 1st page of each sub-forum. 

If not, no problem, i'll resort to other ways, do a little digging on all the newest features. Cheers.

• Administrators

Hi Wylie,

I think what you are looking for is actually in your profile, the new and improved forum now shows your most recent activity in your profile. This will show all of the threads you have posted in and the threads you are following, this is in addition to the bell notification system, which notifies you when someone has replied to a thread you either follow or have posted in, I have attached screenshots below.

Warm regards- Melvin

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 8.13.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 8.20.24 PM.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.