Killing time during FUT

Going in for a full day FUT tomorrow morning.   What can you do to pass the time while the docs do their thing?  What can’t you do?  When?  For example, can you wear earphones during strip removal?  During graft placement?  Looking for tips!

Thanks!

At Dr. Diep's they gave me some pills, including a valium. I was knocked out for the entire FUT. They woke me up for lunch,  then gave me another valium, or at least I think it was. Either way I conked back out again. I was only awake for a short time while the techs were planting the grafts near the end of the procedure.. 

This is the problem......

YOU'RE ABOUT TO GET YOUR HEAD SPLIT OPEN!!!!!!!!

YOU SHOULD BE PAYING EXTREME ATTENTION TO EVERY SECOND OF THE OPERATION ASKING 101 QUESTIONS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED.

EXAMPLES:

1) "BEFORE YOU TOUCH MY SCALP, WHAT IS YOUR EXPERIENCE LEVEL AND HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU DONE THIS"?

2)"I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO MUSIC OR WATCH TELEVISION, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY............I DON'T WANT ANYONE WORKING ON ME TO BE LISTENING TO MUSIC OR WATCHING TELEVISION."

3)ASK THEM TO EXPLAIN EVERY STEP, OTHERWISE THE DOCTOR AND HIS TEAM MAY GET LAZY OR TRY TO CUT CORNERS.

4)REFUSE TO INGEST ANYTHING THAT PUTS YOU TO SLEEP.

Edited by True

The FUT gets removed pretty fast.  After that's gone and you are sewed up. (please make sure you are choosing a top FUT surgeon and you will get a good scar)  You can use headphones during the other time. Get some ebooks and take the valium.  You be in and out of sleep most likely and time will go faster than you think. 

• Administrators

I’ve had three surgeries, the first one I was awake for the whole thing, I just listened to music, it can be very uncomfortable if you’re an ancy person like me, I recommend taking a Valium as others have mentioned. This will relax you and you’ll likely fall asleep. You can take your tablet and watch movies that’s what I did. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.