Same Hair Stylist/Barber After HT

I rarely use the same barber - but the one guy I did go to a few times and knew about my HT was keen to admire it and see it's progress. Other times, I just go to whatever salon has a quick opening. I did find a local cool 'hip' barber shop to get my beard trimmed and I'll go back. It's nice out today.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Did you used the same hair stylist/barber after you grown out your hair? I had my first trim almost 6mos after my HT and I just went to an unknown barber instead of my usual cutter. I have not told anyone I had an HT.

Did you do a FUE procedure?.

you never buzzed your hair, even the donor area, for 6 months?

That’s a good question… I imagine some people try to keep their hair transplant such a secret that they did not go to the same barber or hair stylist after their hair transplant. As for me, I started cutting my own hair shortly after my second hair transplant because I decided I was going to keep my hair relatively short. I got really good at layering the sides into the top and then using scissors to cut the top the length I wanted.

So in 2005 I started cutting my own hair and it’s 2018 now. Frankly, I don’t remember who I even used to see to cut my hair since it’s been 13 years since I started cutting my own hair and I still do. It will however, be a little bit of a challenge now because I decided to start growing my hair out a bit. The longer it gets, the harder it will be for me to cut and style it myself. So I will decide what I want to do as it grows in a bit.

Best wishes,

Bill

Did you do a FUE procedure?.

you never buzzed your hair, even the donor area, for 6 months?

FUT. Nope. Didn't touched it for six months. I look like my avatar - no one notices if I am losing hair or not. =)

Edited by fortuneplant

I've been going to the same barber for many years now. Told him I was getting a transplant and started getting regular cuts just 2 weeks after my FUE procedure. Because I told him about the transplant, he understood (with my instruction) not to touch the recipient area for a while, and as time went on, he frequently adjusted my haircut to make the best of what I looked like during the ugly duckling stage.

Now he's excited every time I come in for a haircut because he enjoys seeing all the new growth coming in haha.

I've been going to the same barber for many years now. Told him I was getting a transplant and started getting regular cuts just 2 weeks after my FUE procedure. Because I told him about the transplant, he understood (with my instruction) not to touch the recipient area for a while, and as time went on, he frequently adjusted my haircut to make the best of what I looked like during the ugly duckling stage.

Now he's excited every time I come in for a haircut because he enjoys seeing all the new growth coming in haha.

Just looked at your thread and you look great!, wait for your six month update.

i'm on day 59 post op and haven't touched my hair yet, kinda nervous to do that.

after 2 weeks from your FUE procedure you cut your recipient area?

Just looked at your thread and you look great!, wait for your six month update.

i'm on day 59 post op and haven't touched my hair yet, kinda nervous to do that.

after 2 weeks from your FUE procedure you cut your recipient area?

Thanks! Ya I'm thrilled with the results so far, just about a week shy of 6 months now, will update the thread then. Do you have your own thread with progress updates?

I had my donor and crown area trimmed after 2 weeks, not the recipient. I don't remember when I first got my recipient area cut, but I know it was quite a while after the transplant because most of the hair had shed by that point and it took a while to grow to any length worth cutting.

I have stayed with the same hair stylist for the past 15 years now...she has been doing it for 3 decades and seen many HT patients over the years. She understands the procedure and was very careful cutting around my donor scar.

Anyone who understands the dynamics of the HT procedure and knows how to style hair is worth their weight in gold...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

If you can (and you like your stylist), I think it'd be a great idea to go to the same one and let them know about your procedure. Particularly if your HT is something you're quite secretive about, this would be a good outlet to share your experience with someone. And not only that, but I think it's important to tell whoever is cutting your hair about your HT so they can be aware of any potential obstacles they might run into when cutting your hair. Anytime I have someone new giving me a cut, I let them know about my FUE from the beginning so they can be on the lookout for any decreased density in the donor area should we buzz the sides/back too short... And I also just really like hearing them tell me how impressed they are with the work, but that's just an added bonus. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56