I am skeptical about Dr Hakan Doganay

I need a Fue hair transplant immediately because I am getting married next year and would like a filled head.

I am norwood 6 with thin hair. Have consulted with atleast 5 doctors and they said the donor area can provide 2600 grafts. Also the top doctors have waiting list of 12months.

A patient advisor of Dr doganay who viewed my head pics have said they can retrieve 4000 grafts from head and the date available for surgery is in may next month. The cost will be in region of €7000 to €8000 . It is hard to believe 4000 grafts can be harvested from my donor area.

I have read both excellent and bad results from AHD clinic. I do not want to end up loosing all my donor supply and also money in question is large in budget.

Please give advise is it possible to harvest 4000 grafts from norwood 6 head .

Edited by akhtarsahil
Had miised words

akhtarsahil,

It’s difficult to provide an opinion without any pictures. Do you have pictures of the donor area and your hair currently?

As for the AHD clinic, I am not too sure if they resolved the quality issue they were having for a period of time. It’s quite possible they have. Perhaps someone can chime in on the clinic.

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

I will post my Donor hair pics but if their clinic staff finds this thread hope they won't think anything bad of me. As i am only trying to get opinions .

After transplant with whichever clinic I choose the progress will be shared with all users.

The thread is only adding 1 pic at a time even though I uploaded 4 pics.

I will have to make 4 posts in same thread.

image.thumb.jpeg.432a41748fbaa4f6dfc73c9fd6db9283.jpeg

Edited by akhtarsahil
Missed a pic

Akhtarsahil,

Is there a particular reason why you’re only considering one doctor? Dr.Doganay was recommended by our community several years ago however, due to several patient posted concerns, we ended up is continuing his recommendation. He did re-apply for recommendation again recently and while he seems to have addressed many of the concerns of the past, several members presented enough concerns where we felt it was best not to approve him for a recommendation again.

That said, many of his recent results have been presented on this forum as well as the recent potential recommendation topic with everybody’s comments. Feel free to use the search feature and draw your own conclusions.

That said, we do still recommend a couple excellent hair transplant surgeons in turkey we strongly recommend you consider and consult with. On the right-hand side bar of this forum, you will see a drop-down list of surgeons by name and by location. We suggest clicking on that and selecting the area or surgeon you’re interested in learning more about. You can also use the search feature of this forum as well.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you bill, I really appreciate your effort to reply .i have looked on the recommended surgeons in Turkey,

My first choice is doctor Koray Erdogan but his waiting list is too long. I can travel as far as New York if I find a close date with recommended surgeon.

Members I would like to know if you all think my donor area can supply 4000 grafts or not.

Ahktar,

I see you asked a question about whether or not your donor area possesses 4000 grafts for transplanting. The photos you presented are very low quality and blurry. The one photo I see of your donor area (one side only) looks about average but it’s difficult to say. I suggest posting some additional photos showing the back of your scalp as well

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Based on those pictures I would say getting 4500 grafts via FUE is a stretch. In addition at NW6 you won’t achieve full coverage. This doesn’t mean a HT wouldn’t provide a cosmetic difference for you. I would just be realistic with your expectations. Are you on any medication? ie minox or fin?

It looks like you’re considering Turkey for a potential HT. Take a look at the recommended surgeons on this site. In your case I would suggest Dr. Erdogan as he does many large sessions and does quality work.

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

Thank you razzy. I have just started taking finestride. Hateing it because it has lowered my libido massively. I do not get morning erections on waking up, and even loose erections during sex.

My expectations are i should have a hairline and some hairs in crown to be filled by hairfibre topic.

In my next attached pic. Its most of hairfibre. The pic is 5 years old when i had good hairline.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure you have 4000 grafts to spare from your donor. While these boards often highlight large sessions, many people simply do not have that many grafts to spare. Also, the hair in your donor looks fine in caliber, which will also limit what you can harvest and cover on top.

If you had either an FUE or an FUT of that many grafts you may deplete or over-deplete your remaining hair. For someone in your situation, with essentially NW6 status, you might want to consider going in smaller steps i.e. have a 1500-2000 FUE or FUT to restore your front and top and see how it goes.

I think it would be a mistake, IMHO, to try and do a giant surgery all at once given your overall situation.