Wearing a (somewhat tight) helmet after HT

I'm 6 weeks post op. Had my temples restored and hairline lowered slightly, so all my grafts are in the front.

I'm in a situation where I have to ride my motorbike to work as a relative is borrowing my

car. The problem is my helmet definitely feels tight and I can feel some friction on the recepient area, after I got home from work my forehead was a bit red but it soon disappeared.

It's not uncomfortable really, but I'm just concerned am I doing damage now and/or impacting future growth?

Problems of having a melon head :(

I be worried about it . Not only ur transplanted hair but also your native hair. If u already getting a hair transplant then ur hair all over ur scalp has miniaturized.. so it’s easier for them to fall out .. wearing a helmet is like Someone tugging onto ur hair .. n if ur hair is easily falling out during showers or combing .. yeah I would think wearing a helmet going to cause more hairloss

• Valued Contributor

Those grafts are firmly planted in place about a week after surgery. They’re pretty safe. You could potentially see some shockloss but I would put it more in the camp of it happening naturally. If it’s going to happen then it’s going to. Let nature take its course. It will more than likely grow back. The redness you’re seeing is probably caused by friction, yes, but it’s what most people see after wearing a helmet for awhile (coming from a fellow motorbike rider).

If you’re really concerned about it, though, send your clinic a quick email. They’ll be able to better guide you and help to free your mind.