Buzz cut 1 month post op?

Just had an FUT one month ago. Really wanna buzz my head down and get everything the same length. You think it’s safe to run a buzzer across everything down to say a #3-4?

After one month, grade 3 or 4 won't be a problem. It makes sense to keep it all uniform and tidy until it start to grow out.

• Valued Contributor

Those grafts should be firmly rooted in place. A lot of doctors have differing opinions about when you should/could buzz it down. Some docs say a month. Some say six months. A lot of guys on the forums shave it down before the first month is through and are fine. Be aware, though, that the scar won’t, generally, fully mature for quite some time and that you still stand to lose some hair around the donor area due to shock loss. That hair will, more than likely, grow back but you could potentially be putting that scar out there for the world to see. Whatever you do show it to us! :D I wanna see how it turns out.

You went to H&W, right? You can always shoot your doctor an email or give them a call to get their advice. The doc’s advice is always the best!

I did this as well and think it's a really solid approach to let everything grow in evenly once the growth starts happening. Depending on your strip scar, you might could go even shorter. (It's also something you could do yourself if you have a pair of clippers and save yourself some money... Speaking from experience. :cool: )

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56