Has anyone ever been turned DOWN by Dr. Erdogan?

ready4Hair

I was scheduled 3 years back for Asmed Clinic and had to cancel due to family issues and funds. I sent in updated pics and got the following message:

After analyzing your photos Dr. Koray Erdoğan found that your DONOR AREA is not strong and thick as it should be for the hair transplantation. The density of your hair is not suitable for the procedure. You have thick hair but there is low number of hair per graft.

Dr. Koray Erdogan recommends Finasteride to give strength to your hair and increase density.

Not sure how in 3 years my donor area itself could be depleted when I was an ideal candidate before ("as we mentioned in your evaluation, you can achieve perfect result with 4700 grafts").

Does donor area deplete so radically?

Can Finasteride help donor area if so?

Do you want to transplant donor area that is subject to MPB?

Has anyone else ever been turned down?

This is very disappointing and confusing.

It would be nice to see your pictures to make an accurate judgment, I have made comments about this doctor's cases before. He seems to accept the ones with low Norwood grades and not high ones. In additions, he is using lots more hair follicles for a given area than compared with other renowned HT docs.

He refused my case due to my high Norwood, but I was determined to have HT and you can clearly see that I was a candidate for HT.

I would advise you to contact some other HT docs, depending on your age and degree of hair loss, his recommendation about finasteride may be the only reasonable advise he has given you.

best of luck

sultsay

Hmm, I have seen him do excellent work on even mid-to-high Norwoods. What I don't get is how I was an ideal/home-run candidate 3 years ago. My situation has worsened somewhat but my donor?

I did a lot of research prior and only had two docs I would work with: Dr. Erdogan and Dr. Vorhies in the US. I'm not sure how to upload pics to the thread...

Photos can be very deceiving. I took photos in my donor area under bright lights and both users here and doctors (via virtual consultations) told me they were concerned about my donor area being strong enough.

In reality, it was just cut down very short, to a 1 guard, and the bright light made it look a lot thinner than it actually is. I went for a consultation in person and learned that my donor area was quite good and I went ahead to book my transplant.

Are there any reputable surgeons in your area? I would go for an in-person consultation if possible to have a doctor evaluate your donor area.

Also, you're definitely not the first to be turned down, I've seen several posters on this forum get the same feedback from ASMED.

Hmm for some reason my last post is being moderated.

In any event this was my original blog.

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10599&WebID=3054&ProcID=4748

Crown and temples worse now (not hugely) but crown is the same. I'll post newer pics when I figure out how to upload here.

Bottom line is I was a 'home run' candidate in 2015 so not sure how my DONOR could regress in 3 years since it is... Donor.

I have had several in person over the last 4-5 years. In-person with Armani and Rahal, in-person microcamera (which I posted originally to Asmed and recently), skype with Dr. Arocha, Dr. Diep and Dr. Vorhies and pics with Dr. Ferudini and Dr. Lorenzo. As you can see I picked the best :) and no one ever expressed donor concern.

I'm scheduling either another skype or even in person with Dr. Vorhies. I think his work is on par with Dr. Erdogan though he doesn't have as large a body of work to analyze. By the time I factor in travel cost and time they are both about the same and if I had more reference HTs from Dr. Vorhies would probably just make him my choice.

you are right photos can not provide an accurate picture of what the real density is. In my case I had a face to face consultation with a coalition doc of this web site and was very disappointed when he said my donor density at the back of head was around 40. this was after 3000 FUE. Then had another consultation with DR B of BHR, he used his hand held magnifier and said my density was 85. Clearly a big discrepancy.

At last decided to have a combination of FUE and FUT by DR B at BHR clinic and please with my result.

sultsay

What I don't get is being told in late 2015 I have home-run hair and then in early 2018 I am not a candidate. My crown is not as good as before but not immensly worse and my donor is as good as before, please see the links if you care above to the Current Donor where I have videos too.

Re. Uploading photos. Below the box you type into you'll see a button that says "manage attachments". This will bring up a new window where you can upload pics.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like both consultations with the doctor in question were done via photos. It's possible that your latest photos show your donor better than the original photos did, especially if you included a video this time. Perhaps the clinic has changed its approach to the type of larger session that you require, but I have no idea if that is the case.

Ultimately, you can't expect total harmony or any kind of consensus between the different clinics as they all have different ways of doing things.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Well that was pretty darn easy thanks :)

So I uploaded the original pics I provided plus the new pics and videos. Personally, I don't see a difference.

As mentioned I did speak with Dr. Vories who was my second choice before and believe he'll be my first choice this time. As always my concern was he had far less results to analyze but then again he does the entire procedure himself, he doesn't have a super-facility with techs running 2-3 a day every day. I have seen some spectacular work from him and though he is more expensive by the time you add in the air-fare and the two-way 13 hour flight, the differences start to disappear.

I included some pics for what it is worth, could not upload the video which I think shows pretty darn good donor.

DonorThen1.png.3b3c631c76122c5fff19e79117053b39.png

DonorThen1_Micro.png.56f258ad583a4269e3f0fe5f0c2da8e9.png

DonorNow4.jpg.94faa301646a8dbbbbf6d9320c109766.jpg

DonorNow5.jpg.f43f86d5a4166d04abe0acbef5913c58.jpg

DonorNow2.jpg.389c2cae57b2860ad96c0ea00d41f7a6.jpg

DonorNow1.jpg.d6fd40d8d8dc514c4c230330bb062e53.jpg

DonorNow3.jpg.d94134bd381b2dc650eaf9f66a712f3f.jpg

ready4hair,

Dr. Erdogan is very ethical so he's not going to operate on someone who's not a good candidate. That said, if you feel your donor hair is thick enough, maybe you can ask if you can have a Skype session with him so he can analyze it more fully by combing through your hair. Or maybe you can send a high resolution video of someone combing through your donor hair?

Best wishes,

Bill

I can't say I can notice any difference between then and now. Perhaps before they considered your donor to be borderline. Last time they decided it could support a large procedure but looking at it again they decided it can't. Just a thought.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com