No. Transplanted hair comes from the safe zone and are permanent thus it will not fall out in the future. The only way that it would is when grafts are taken outside of the safe donor area where those grafts may be subject to DHT. This rarely happens happens if at all as your surgeon will be able to map those areas.

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

You can grow through seasonal sheds but unless they were taken outside the safe zone, the hairs should stay. Unless a person has a medical condition or goes through chemo.

Or

A transplant may not be done with proper protocols and use of the right hairs. Im which case you can be messed up big time. Like a person like me, who has been trying to have a normal looking head of hair and not called out as being bald or losing hair or friggen told it seems you have a hair transplant. I am so upset at the situation ive been put through. Please be careful

Not everyone has a safe zone. Some people unfortunately thin or lose hair in that region also.

That’s why it’s so important to look at family history, get a full evaluation and make a decision based on concrete information.

No one really knows what Norwood scale we will end up at or how much thinning in the donar area we will eventually end up with.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

It's always a wise thing to ask the doctor to microscopically examine your donor region at the time of the consultation. If the doctor determines for any reason that the donor region has DHT receptive hair, then it's possible to lose any grafts harvested from that area.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY