My hair transplant

PhilsH

I have been experiencing thinning hair for the past 5 years and I'm considering having a hair transplant. I've being investigating the different treatments and I think I will go for fue hair transplant. How many crafts do you think I need?

1.jpg.2466607879f8d68b5cccb0d2068f24f0.jpg

It's hard to tell from that picture. Perhaps post better pictures from multiple angles, which would certainly help get a better estimation on the # grafts. Also, we can only tell you our opinion as its best to consult with a HT doctor who would be able to get you a more accurate assessment.

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

Philsh,

Thanks for posting and sharing your concerns. If you'd like our advice, please post more photos of your entire scalp. You will need to take multiple photos showing different angles including the top of your head so we can see how much hair loss you are experiencing. We also need to see pictures of the sides and back so we can see your donor area.

We are not doctors but many of us are veteran hair transplant patients and are pretty good at guessing a number you might need. I suggest posting more photos and searching our recommended hair transplant surgeons for more information when you're ready.

Best wishes,

Bill

Multiple angles are definitely needed in order for anyone to make a proper assessment. If you can get help from someone to take the photos then you'll find that easier.

It's also important to know other details, such as your age and whether you're taking any medications to treat your hairloss.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, thank you for replying.

I'm only losing hair in the front as shown in the pic. I also have enough hair on the sides and back of the head... I'll try and post some better top and lateral pics later... I had a consultation yesterday in 2 clinics in central London and I'm honestly discouraged!! They said I would need 3000+ grafts and the procedure would cost me ?7500-?8000. I already knew that hair tansplant procedures aren't cheap but still I was hoping that my case wouldn't require that much!!!

What do you think guys?

I'm only losing hair in the front as shown in the pic. I also have enough hair on the sides and back of the head... I'll try and post some better top and lateral pics later... I had a consultation yesterday in 2 clinics in central London and I'm honestly discouraged!! They said I would need 3000+ grafts and the procedure would cost me ?7500-?8000. I already knew that hair tansplant procedures aren't cheap but still I was hoping that my case wouldn't require that much!!!

What do you think guys?

Hi Phil,

If the couple of clinics in London have assessed you and recommended 3000 FUE grafts, then I take it your donor is ample if the clinics are indeed reputable.

It would be useful to see the proposed hairline the clinics suggested for 3000+ grafts.

As it stands, subject to graft availability, if you wanted to keep your hairline at the same level it is now but strengthen it along with your mid scalp as well as fill in your temple regions then I would say you are looking at 2500-3000 grafts. If you could get some thickening of your existing hair through the use of meds then I would say nearer the 2500 graft mark. This is going by what I can see in the fuzzy pic you have posted.

If cost is an issue then you could look at traveling abroad to a recommended surgeon thus joining the many others who have saved a few thousand pounds. E.g. If you went to Dr Bhatti in India, the surgery including flights, hotels etc would cost you approximately 4000 pounds.

Edited by Shera

What do you think guys?

3000 grafts sounds about right for the degree of hairloss I see in your photo. You have quite deep recession plus the frontal zone looks thin and would benefit from increased density.

Frankly, I'm not surprised by that cost. That works out at ?2.50 per grafts which is probably pretty standard for London.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

• 3 months later...

It's really difficult to tell you the exact number of grafts required for your baldness. To know it precisely, you should better consult a doctor. There are various highly experienced doctors in London. Though the cost might be high, there you will get the best results. Find all the

Edited by Melvin-HTsoon
Removed promotional link

Well there are plenty of hair transplant clinic available now it's up to you that how you are going to get the your hair transplant surgery

This reply makes no sense whatsoever ~ but congratulations!, your 1st post ever made the cut for Mania1 to respond with his typical nonsense.

You've received some good advice otherwise.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

It's really difficult to tell you the exact number of grafts required for your baldness. To know it precisely, you should better consult a doctor. There are various highly experienced doctors in London. Though the cost might be high, there you will get the best results. Find all the xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh my, we have a contender for shill of the day.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.