Patchy FUE Scar 1 Month Post OP at 9mm lenght

Hi guys,

I had a FUE procedure of 1500 grafts 31 days ago. Today my hair in the back is 8mm long and still have a very patchy donor are (pictures below)

I know it takes time to heal, but I have the concern that it will stay like this. Is there a surgeon that can repair this patchyness or make it less visible with a FUE instead of a SMP (since this is only for a short time and needs to be redone every 1-2 years).

I think I the donor was over harvested and I was told it is not possible to repair a FUE scar with a new FUE procedure when it comes to donor patchyness

I can provide better picture if you want

1.thumb.jpg.52cae4d887cdef557e9408dd15f1e1dd.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.b49428ad36cb93c3c596969343c8d92b.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.a5abe059b7718f1e69f616f45511c7c0.jpg

That would be a donor replacement procedure if the area was overharvested.

But this something that should not be done so soon after the initial procedure as you have to give things time to see if the area improves visually. There could be some hair that was shocked out and could come back with time.

You may also want to grow the length of the other donor hair out to help cover the thinned out spots.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Don't over think it yet way too early to worry. All you can do is give it time either way can't change anything. What's done is done. Just wear a hat for now and apply minoxidil daily and let you hair grow out to cover it for now.

Give it time prolly 2 more month you will be fine. I had much worse donor shockloss and it has gotten better. Im in month 3. I have it in recipient area that is slower to come back so far

Edited by BlessUp
Added

Thanks for your words!! I am hoping it will look better in some months

Gillenator how does this procedure look like? Is this repairable for the long term with a revision FUE? I am not a fan of the idea to make a SMP every 2 years

I did not notice a shock loss of hairs in the back, just in the front close to the recipient area but this already over

I am just very concerned because I did not do the research homework and ended up in a clinic where a Technician did it with a micro motor (although it was not a cheap clinic and in the EU). Instead of shaving the head they shaved a very small area of the donor and I didn't know that will have a negative effect on the scar

I never wanted to grow my hair long and the clinic said 4mm haircut would be no problem, I don't see this coming yet. I hope it will because I look really different with longer hair

Edited by Blub10

This is what I thought as well...

I also think that less than 1500 grafts were taken since the recipient area is only 17cm?

I guess in reality maybe 1000 Grafts max.

So what are other options besides SMP? SMP has to be renewed every 1-2 years which causes tremendous costs in the long term.

I am looking for a permanent solution like a

- Revision FUE

- FUT surgery

- Or maybe Tattoo

- Bodygrafts?

What are my options and what would be the best surgeons that could do this? I am willing to travel anywhere

I just want to close the biggest "wholes" and gaps because from my research until now there almost no options.

You can not believe me how much I regret doing this before researching properly and finding this forum

Edited by Blub10

Blub,

Just do your research on good FUE docs who can replace some of the donor hair that was overharvested.

You may want to consider using some beard grafts which typically are much more coarse and work well in this type of repair.

If you are from Europe, there are good FUE docs in Belgium but you must do the research yourself and see who you think will give you the best result based on their past work.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Bro you need to relax and just give it time. Watch in 3 month you won't be able to see it and your driving yourself crazy worrying about nothing. Your hair will grow long enuff in another month you won't see it then the shockloss will come back in another month or 2 hopefully. Just wear a hat for now. It's normal for shock loss to happen in such a tight area. Theirs alot of trauma. Your getting ahead of yourself thinking how to fix it and what doctor you need 1 month in. Reevaulute at 3months and 6months

I agree...waiting for recovery is probably the most important thing to do.

Gillenator

• 2 weeks later...

Shock loss occurs as a result of the scalp responding to the level of trauma induced by the surgery itself. It can be a result from fluids injected into the scalp but probably even more so from the endless amount of incisions done in the scalp. Whether temporary or permanent, I have not heard nor seen any clinical substantiation that PRP treatments would reduce it.

You may want to start a new thread asking anyone if they ever have been treated with PRP for prevention or reduction of corresponding shock loss and see what kind of comments you might get.

BTW, I have heard from a few guys who experienced shock loss from a stand alone PRP treatment...:rolleyes:

Gillenator