Has Anyone Tried PRP?

Has anyone tried PRP? If so, did it work? Did you see a noticeable improvement?

I'm a 36-year-old male from Scotland. It might look like I have a full head of hair to the untrained eye, but I have diffuse thinning (my partings are wider than they should be), and I have quite a few (lots of?) minaturised hairs at the hairline.

I visited some clinics a few months ago, and they said they wouldn't recommend a transplant. I've been using Regaine for six weeks, but so far all it has done is make my hair brittle. I would try Finasteride, but my wife and I are planning a family.

Subsequently, I am looking into PRP.

PRP tends to work better on patients that have only the beginnings of visible hair loss so you may be a good candidate for the treatment. We've seen some solid improvements using PRP with ACell and the Angel centrifuge system, which we feel is key to the success of the procedure. You can see what I'm talking about by looking at our PRP gallery. You don't see massive improvements because the improvements are cumulative throughout the scalp for a stronger overall head of hair.

http://arochahairrestoration.com/gallery/prp-platelet-rich-plasma/

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

ClarkKent,

Depending on your level of hair loss, you could try PRP, which as others have stated, typically works better for those in the beginning stages of hair loss. But even then, it's not a "cure" for hair loss and hair loss may continue without ongoing treatment. Thus, it's good to have a plan to manage your existing hair loss and then discuss ways to permanently restore lost hair. The only way to restore hair to completely bald areas is hair transplant surgery. If you have substantial hair loss, you may want to consider going that avenue.

Best wishes,

Bill