Dr. Tom Rosanelli

I am a 25 year old. I have a receding hair line. I would like to go for a hair transplant. I stay in Mountain View, California. Just doing some research on which doctor to meet? I found Dr. Tom Rosanelli. Just want to know about your opinion, so that I can make a nice decision.

I looked at his website. For the first 200 grafts, its flat $2500. For a subsequent graft, its $4.

Please tell me your opinion.

William Wallace,

They may take our hair, but they'll never take our freedom :-)

Welcome to our community!

Dr. Tom Rosanelli is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network and in my opinion is certainly worth considering for surgery.

Take your time and research this site. The more you learn about the actual hair transplant procedure and the quality doctors that perform them, the easier your decision will become.

Best wishes,

Bill

I do agree that the price of $2500 seems very high for the first 200 grafts. It seems like recently there has been a trend of doctors charging more than I previously remember.

Frankly, especially in a tough economy, I wish all doctors would keep their prices reasonable to the average $4 to $5 per graft.

Though price shouldn't be the first consideration in selecting a doctor, I admit that if I was choosing between two excellent doctors and one was significantly less expensive, I'd go to the least expensive.

Best wishes,

Bill

You might try a drive up to Dr. Gabel's in Oregon or a drive to Dr. Alexander in Arizona.

Last I checked both of these doctor's fees were extremely reasonable and they both do excellent work.

Cheers,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

For the amount you would be saving going to these top rated doctors recommended to you, you could fly to hong kong to have lunch. I don't understand why you want to pay an extra several thousand for a doctor, I've never heard of, just because he's local. I had the luxury to go local, short story...8 more surgeries later and to Vancouver to fix going local.

Hi William,

Like others have said, definitely don't be afraid to travel. I'm from CA as well and went to Dr. Alexander in Phoenix AZ and I'm super happy with my results. Simple 1.5 hour flight for you on Southwest from N. CA. I liked getting away for a few days and made a mini 3 day vacation of it. Stayed at the Ritz which was included in his fee of $4 per graft. I Went on a Tuesday and came home on a Thurs. I Took friday off and relaxed at home all weekend and was back at work on Monday.

What's the severity of your hair loss? If you post a couple pictures of your melon you'll get some good feedback here. If your loss is minimal you may want to consider waiting. Do your research and don't rush into anything.

Good luck.