Maximus grafts for one session operation

Hi

I want to do my hair transplant with Dr. Erdogan.

He offer me 5,000 graft in one session.

I ask him to split for two separate sessions to keep the donor area.

I want to do in the first session the frontline and midle scalp but he refuse and want to do the all operation in one session pf two days.

What should I do?

Is it ok to do such a many grafts in one session?

TNX

so if I am understanding this correctly, you want to break up your surgery. Ie do hairline midscalp today and for example a year from now do the 2nd half of the surgery....and Dr Erdogan says do all of it at once?

If Dr Erdogan believes he is capable of doing all that at once then I'm sure he can but it is absolutely within your right as a patient to do the surgery as you feel comfortable. If you would like to do it in multiple stages rather than one procedure your doctor should be able to accommodate that request. It is up to you how to proceed but do not feel pressured into doing it in a way you are uncomfortable.

So he wants to do the 5,000 grafts over a course of two consecutive days? And you would rather break up the 5,000 grafts over the course of a year or so? I don't particularly see what difference it would make from the surgical perspective, so if that's what you'd rather do I don't see what the issue is. Did he give a reason as to why he wants to get it all done at once? Doing it in two consecutive days would cut down on the amount of healing time you ultimately have to endure, so that would be a perk of doing it his way.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Hi

I wounder whats better to do in order to keep my donor area. I understant that a big transplant of 5'000 graft can damage the donor area thats why I want to do it in 2 session. the docter says its better to do it in one session to keep the natural result

If you've done your research and chosen your doctor with confidence, I would strongly consider what he's suggesting... That's one of the reasons we spend so much time looking for a really great surgeon who we can trust, so that we can take their advice and input into consideration knowing that they know much more about the process than we do... And if you need clarification on his recommendation, I'm sure he'd be happy to explain it further.

This isn't to say that you should just blindly listen to what any surgeon has to say, but when speaking with a qualified, reputable surgeon (as you are) it really is important to listen to their input. Address your concerns with him and see if what he has to say is enough to put your mind at ease... And if not, I'm sure the two of you can come up with a game plan together that you're both comfortable with.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56