zaxter

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/29/2020 at 9:43 AM, hockeyman said:

Hi Zaxter

Was wondering how you're doing and if you have any current pictures to share.  I followed your case from the beginning and consider your transformation to be one for the hall of fame. In fact, your case and a handful of others are what finally convinced me to book an in-person consult with Dr. Wong next week ......... it only took 12 years of research lol. I have two questions:

1) What led you to consult with and ultimately choose Dr. Wong as opposed to Dr. Hasson?

2) Do you have any plans to address your crown?

Thanks

How’d your consultation go? 

Overall it was good. I knew I had poor laxity which Dr. Wong confirmed. Actually, when I feel around my head I am unable to pinch any skin at all. On a positive note he said I would be a good FUE candidate with a total capacity of about 8000 grafts. Dr. Wong suggested I get started on finasteride.

First time making a post, so hope it works.

Interesting that Dr. Wong suggested you get started on it soon. The HT doctor I'm consulting with said that there was little benefit to starting now if my surgery happens in and around June (haven't officially book yet) Because I'm new to this, what are your thoughts on Doctor's recommending finasteride? Do they over prescribe it, do they prescribe it to enhance their work, do they do it so that if your HT isn't the result you were hoping for they can just say "you really should have started finasteride" or is it just customary for them to say the line "it will help you keep your existing hair and only 1% of men have side-effects?"

Take care.

Edited by BridgesW

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...