Count down to surgery with Dr. Nader!

memzinla

I'm so excited! I've wanted a HT for a long time. I first contacted Dr. Nader in April 2017 and I wanted to have the surgery done in the summer. I never got a reply until August 2017. My surgery is December 28! :) I want to fill in the widow's peaks and maybe bring down the hairline. Most of the time I wear my hair down, so you can't see the widow's peaks. haha

2dch8ic.jpg

The count down starts now!!

Congratulations.... You have a lot to look forward to. Keep us posted on your progress with pictures and updates.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

How did you decide on your hairline? Did you show him a picture? How was it? I'm wondering how many grafts I'll need to lower the hairline. I'm not sure what would look good for my face. I would love to do my hair up!

memzinla,

I'm not familiar with Dr. Nader's work (although I've heard of him) so it will be interesting to watch your progress. I certainly hope you get great results. I encourage you to share your pictures month by month here and by creating a free hair loss website. It's the best and easiest way to chart your progress by creating individual photo albums, videos, journals, etc. You can even add and rate your doctor :-). For instructions on adding your patient website to your forum signature so everyone can see it on the forum and follow along, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you! Yes, I'll post progress pictures. :)

Has anyone lowered their hairline? I really want to lower my hairline, but don't know if I'll look weird.

rwqe6x.jpg

Don't know if that's too much.

The best part for me of working with Dr. Nader was the hour or two we spent on day one talking about the surgery and expectations.

He will do that with you and he will be very honest. If you want something that he feels is a bad choice he will tell you.

There are probably 5-10 posters on this forum that have used him (including me), and you can find our results and threads if you search.

Oh and definitely get the tacos for lunch!

I lowered my hairline slightly, created a slight widows peak, and filled in the receding area with Dr. Nader.

You will have all the time you need to talk and figure out where and how your hairline will be. He will draw the hairline on your forehead and let you view and change it as many times as you need before the surgery. You will be his only patient for the entire day. I took some model photos of hairlines I liked to give him an idea of what I was after on my phone. Just be very specific. I knew exactly what I wanted, which helped. He's very easy to talk to, understanding, and extremely professional. You're in great hands.

Sounds like you’re in good hands with the doctor you’ve chosen. Listen to his advice regarding your hairline and you may want to take a conservative approach. You can always adjust the hairline in the future. But, if you go too low initially, you may be very disappointed.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I have some random questions.

1) Is everyone paying cash? I don’t have a chase account to get a cashiers check. Do I have to be a Chase bank member? How did you pay?

2) Did you wear a button up shirt?

3) Did you feel embarrassed when traveling with the head looking like it did? Did people stare?

4) Did you get a haircut before the procedure?

My surgery is next week!!

I have some random questions.

1) Is everyone paying cash? I don’t have a chase account to get a cashiers check. Do I have to be a Chase bank member? How did you pay?

2) Did you wear a button up shirt?

3) Did you feel embarrassed when traveling with the head looking like it did? Did people stare?

4) Did you get a haircut before the procedure?

My surgery is next week!!

1. Many of us did (I think) for the discount. You can just carry the cash. Under 10K there's no problem at the boarder. At the end of the day if paying in cash is too hard just pay by credit card.

2. YES, and take 2 or 3. You do not want to be pulling a shirt over your head for a couple three days.

3. Not really, take a hat - he'll sanitize it for you and wear that.

4. Save your money, his girls will buzz you at the clinic

Thank you! :)

More random questions.

1) Did you take anything to entertain yourself? Do they have cable? I know they said I can take DVDs, but I don’t really have any that I’d like to watch.

2) Did anyone sleep during the procedure?

I fly tomorrow! Any tips?

You will sleep at least a little during the procedure. Get $100 bills and nobody gives a shit when you enter mexico they only scrutinize you when you come back. You don't even need a passport just your i.d. and birth certificate. Take a button up shirt and a loose cap. You'll be fine.