Historical Milestone!!!! Hasson & Wong HD Video Fridays/Dr. Wong/3581 Grafts/One Session/One Year

Welcome to the latest update for "Hasson & Wong HD Video Fridays". This update is an historical milestone that has never been achieved before. First, about this case...

This patient came to Dr. Wong with a singular goal. He wanted to no longer be bald and sought the help of Dr. Wong to accomplish this goal. In one session Dr. Wong and his team transplanted 3581 grafts to rebuild an age appropriate hairline and establish continuous coverage. The results shown are one year post-op.

Singles - 951

Doubles - 2440

3/4 - 190

Dr. Wong/3581 Grafts/One Session/One Year/HD Video

Now, why is this update so important? Because this update commemorates the one year anniversary of Hasson & Wong HD Video Fridays! For three years now Hasson & Wong has standardized our video documentation in high definition format. Years ago we recognized that video was the next step for documenting quality final results but we quickly learned that standard definition just didn't cut it when it comes to showing the details one would see in person and quite frankly it is my opinion that standard definition video is no better than photos.

In the past we would show a HD video of a patient's results but we only would did every so often due to the efforts involved to get patients to allow video documentation. That, and the process of formatting HD video for the web was quite difficult. One year ago however we made some changes, bought some new software and refocused our efforts and priorities to increase the amount of documentation we could present. We challenged ourselves with the announcement of "Hasson & Wong HD Video Fridays" and it has continued to be a challenge ever since. I am very happy to say that our initial goal of one video every Friday for one full year has been achieved.

Some points to consider.

1.) No clinic has consistently shown video with detailed close ups of each hair and how it exits the scalp as well as show the hair being combed, styled, etc. To show a video of a result without detailed comb throughs simply negates the point of using video to begin with. Video is supposed to be used to give a presentation that one cannot get with photos and if the details that you would look for in person cannot be replicated then the video is useless.

2.) No clinic has updated on a weekly basis showing a new result via video, much less with HD video. I have not seen any other HD videos on the web showing a final result and any videos presented at all are only presented every so often and you only see the final hair "style" instead of anything resembling close scrutiny. Infomercial style videos certainly do not qualify either.

3.) To this day, three years after we adopted HD video, NO clinic has followed suit by using HD video to truly show the details of a result. This is important as it demonstrates our confidence and our track record and more than anything it demonstrates the greatest amount of transparency of any clinic on the web.

What does this mean? It means that when consistency is the #1 factor that patients should consider then Hasson & Wong has the most evidence of consistency available. We now have a grand total of 114 videos on our website of which 100 are in HD and we also have 105 patients documented with photos that do not use trick lighting.

Patient results videos... 86 Videos

Hot Topics... 1 video

Patient testimonials...15 Videos

Hair Transplant Procedure... 4 Videos

Tricophytic closures... 3 Videos

Pre/Post-0p...2 Videos

News & Interviews... 2 Videos

Streeters... 1 Video

Patient results photos...105 cases

Patient blogs linked from our homepage...74 with close to 100 more to be added shortly.

Hasson & Wong has set the standards for megasessions, dense packing, lateral slits, patient sharing and education, photographic documentation and now with video documentation. We are very proud of this latest accomplishment and look forward to continuing Hasson & Wong HD Video Fridays for as long as we possibly can. Eventually, we will miss one Friday or another due to whatever factors but we will continue to push out new HD video results as much as possible.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Joe,

I applaud you and Hasson & Wong for raising the bar once again for the entire HT industry. In my opinion the HD videos that you guys are putting out represent the first true effort of transparency that this entire industry has ever seen.

In some ways I think it is even better than meeting patients in person (thought not a replacement for this important step), because it's not possible to meet 100 patients in person and very rarely will you get the chance to run a comb through their scalp at 3 inches distance anyway. I have met a number of patients in person and felt uncomfortable to push as far as asking them to let me run a comb through their hair in multiple different directions, or to check the rear for the donor scar.

Anyway because of this your clinic is the only one I would even remotely consider, and I feel like many more after me will share the same sentiment. I sincerely hope that this forces other clinics to rise to the challenge becuause nobody even comes close to H & W concerning the level of transparency in the documentation of patient results.

And I do not believe that it is as difficult to do as many of them make it seem! If a clinic is raking in an excess of a mil or 2 a year then a $1000 HD video camera should not be a problem IF they have the # of success stories that you guys do -- period ! And if people do not want their faces shown I can understand that, but just block out the face and none of us will have an issue with that!!!

Hdude,

I just responded to your pm.

Labrat69,

Thank you for your comments. For those patients that do not wish to have their faces shown blocking out there faces isn't necessary. When I shoot these videos I simply keep the shot focused on the eyebrows up and do not reveal the actual face. It works quite well and does not involve any fancy post production. In some cases we have simply used the back end of a hand mirror to hold over their faces as well.

HD cameras are no longer out of the range of affordability. One can find many examples that are only in the five hundred dollar range. Even the FlipHD is like 150.00 or so and is many times better than any SD camera.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I see alot of patients both live and then after in pictures. Honestly these high definition pictures and videos are not flattering. In real life the patient always looks better.

A few times when I was in the office helping italians I have seen patients walk in that are in the video and am always in shock. I personaly understand why few clinic would want to show high definition pictures and video, the patients looks worse then in real life. I commend H&W not as a person that assist them but as a patient for there honesty.

I have mentioned to Joe that he needs to show pictures in both the high def and the standard low definition to show the different for every patient.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Joe,

Congratulations on hitting the one year milestone of taking and presenting high definition videos showcasing results. I truly do hope that other clinics begin to follow your lead on this. Hasson and Wong are truly innovators in the field of hair restoration.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the comments. Once you have reached what you feel is your final point of maturation (for your hair icon_wink.gif ) then you are welcome to come out again to have your hair documented HD style.

For those that are interested one can find a very affordable HD camera here...

HD Camcorders For Sale

There are some for the stupid price of 42.00!!! I'm sure the quality isn't the best but there is a Sony in there that I'd recommend for 549.00.

Then all is needed is a copy of Adobe Premiere Elements for 79.00.

Adobe Premiere Elements

So with the two links provided one can actually move into the HD realm of video documentation for a mere 130.00! There is NO excuse for clinics not to use HD video documentation to show their results in the truest most transparent way.

I just went through all the videos on the site (I usually view just the pics on my phone that you post since the iphone doesn't have flash). Needless to say super impressive as expected. Clearly there is a reason (outside of having someone taking the time to actually make the video) that many of the other clinics do not do this if you ask me...

In this particular patients case do you know what the area covered was and what his final denisity achieved became?

Your visual documentation is TOP NOTCH, I do wish that you would post a couple of more details though (I'm not talking about graft breakdown) but more along the lines of hair characteristics, density achieved and area covered. I think (for me personally) that would better help me gauge what I might be able to achieve given my current state. I applaud your visual transparency and hope you continue to raise the bar across the board. Thanks!

HTHelp,

Thank you for your comments regarding our video and general online documentation. It is appreciated because we do work really hard to do this.

This patient's hair, as is common for most Asians, is considered coarse. The density is unknown but is most likely in the neighborhood of 40 per cm2 in the hairline and gradually less as the grafts were distributed toward the mid-scalp and beyond. The area covered is not measured in our clinic but it is a fairly large area as seen in the photos. One benefit is how the lateral slit technique layers grafts over one another like shingles on a roof. With the double hair grafts, placed into a lateral (coronal) slit the coverage is literally double that when compared to sagittal incisions. The grafts are placed next to each other and laid flatter for increased coverage. I hope this answers your questions.