Overseas surgeons ? ( Canadian )

Hi guys

I tried searching but I couldn't quite find it ...

Anyway

I'm 26 and I'm looking to seek hair transplant surgery. I've been looking into it the last couple of months.

I'm a Norwood 2 and extremely self conscious of it.

I'm from canada and the surgery seems quite expensive here. And i couldn't find much reviews on them.

I looked online and seen that turkey does it fairly cheap but also other places as well.

Money isn't really that big of a concern as I have a good job.

I would want a good surgeon and if I had to pay for that well I would.

I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction so I can begin My journey.

Thanks.

A Norwood 2 is very low on the scale. Are you happy to post photos so we can look at your situation? Surgeons will ask about family history of hairloss, as well as what age you started to lose your hair. This gives some idea of how far your hairloss might progress.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hey thanks for the reply!

I know I'm not that bald but my hairline is terrible I feel and it's only getting worse within the pass 2 years.

I was thinking why wait until it gets worse. I'm 26 and recently single. Should be the best time of my life right now haha..

Any advice I would greatly appreciate. Thanks

IMG_5575.thumb.JPG.0c37c85d185356e376e2618b0fcf72fa.JPG

IMG_5574.thumb.JPG.8a840fad709ceab55f6d5c6d0fbde3e2.JPG

IMG_5573.thumb.JPG.391542f5db0d04353d09b6e43f96e7dc.JPG

At 26, you can see recession in those pics. I would wait until hair loss has at least stabalized. Imo, some docs may have you on meds and rogaine to see how you would respond first.

Imo, Waiting till 30-35 may help you make a better decision to avoid any uneccessary donor depletion or damages to native hair density. You really need to see where your hairloss is headed especially if it keeps changing every 2 years.

Be very careful and approach this very carefully. Wish you the best and hope you get what you seek.

Yeah my father is bald and just mostly on the top.

I just didn't want to wait until 30 because of his self consious I am of it. But I appreciate your opinion.

Like the point of my life right now, I would like to eventually get married one day and not be bald in the pictures ( thinking ahead a lot ) lol

So when you mention the donor areas. How bad are they affected ?

Also I was thinking if I get it done now I can kinda avoid the issue of going from 0 hair to hair without many people noticing.

All this stuff is extremely new to me and I've been searching this forum the last day since I came here.

So many helpful people on here it's great support.

1. Take finasteride

2. Wait until you're 30. But getting an HT now with a reputable FUT surgeon wouldn't be all that bad

3. Recognize that 2 of the top 5 FUT surgeons in the world are in Canada. I went to one of them :-)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Ok can someone please explain the reasoning to wait ?

If I am losing my hair now why wait ? Can they not just examine my hair and see where it is going and adjust accordlying?

I would be ok with going for another one down the road. That doesn't bother me.

I'm just having a lot of questions lol I have too many I guess.

I'm just confused on the waiting part.

Can someone show me a thread or tell me the pros and cons of this

No rush boss take your time to learn before you do anything. We're all here too help so just keep asking away.

First thing we really need to get out if the way before we talk about hair transplants is if your loss is stable. With your current loss at your young age plus your family history you can't have a transplant until you're sure your hair loss is stable.

So , are you on finasteride/propecia?

If you answer yes then we can proceed to talk about hair transplants and you could potentially be getting one in the near future. If not then you need to research and decide if you want to start medical treatment.

To reiterate: given your age and hair you can not have a hair transplant until you stabilize your hair loss with medical intervention (drugs).

No I am not on any hair treatment drugs.

As far as family history goes. I would say generic for sure. My father and brothers have thin hair and somewhat bald.

Can any doctor prescribe these drugs ? Are there any weird side affects ?

Or are they over the counter ?

Yeah I was kind of under the impression I could just go and get it done asap lol but I see theee is a lot more to it !

Is there anyway I could talk to one of you guys in a chat or something ?

Thanks so much

30 may not be necessary but waiting about a year while on finasteride before pulling the trigger on a procedure would be advisable.

I'd classify you closer to a Norwood 3 than a 2, a 2 would not be suitable for a transplant at in most cases as natural age recession usually makes it an age appropriate mature hairline if you can maintain it.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016