FUT or FUE for NW6 having thin and silky hairs

I know this has been debated several times before. However even after going through 100s of forum pages I still didn't get the answer. What does members think will best suits a NW6 who has fine and silky hairs. Which procedure will give maximum coverage in least number of sessions.

Thanks

If you have very fine and ailky hairs they may not yield as good with FUE extractions as they may not survive the extraction and pulling process. That’s especially if yoi are having then extracted from your donor.

Be relly careful. This is a tough decision but proceed carefully with any surgery.

You do not want to become someone chasing repairs trying to get issues resolved. Most people wish they can turn back time.

Best of luck.

I would say that FUT is probably better for someone who is a NW6. A combination of the two procedures would result in the maximum number of grafts transplanted.

Finer hair means more delicate follicles. I'm not sure how much this actually impacts upon HT results as lots of patients with fine hair have great results. That includes myself.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

A NW 6 is a tricky proposition for hair restoration, the donor is finite and if your hair is fine and silky it could take most of your donor just to frame your face with believable density, leaving your crown bald.

I would think in this instance an FUT would be favored over an FUE because you need a high volume of grafts just to get started and need to maximize your donor supply.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

When you say fine hair, I assume you mean that you have a more thin caliber to your hair shafts. That being the case, it becomes a matter of grafted density and how many potential harvestable grafts that you have available.

Ultimately, it may take a combination of both methods to achieve an optimal result. Most guys in your situation start with FUHT and finish with FUE.

I would recommend getting several opinion from doctors who do both techniques masterfully.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY