Massaging the recipetent area after HT ...

grafts are secure by that time, but why do you want to massage the recipient site?

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I've been massaging minox in morning and night from about the end of the third week ... I've probably got a bad habit of continually rubbing the minox in on and off for about half an hour after i apply it as it doesnt seem to absorb easily.

I was advised by my HT Surgeon that i could return back to normal life 2 weeks post -op. I didn't think there would be any problems touching or massaging the recipetent area after that period. Pretty much all the grafts had shed by the end of the third week anyway.

Hopefully i wont have done any damage.

jonrctim,

You don't have to massage your scalp for Rogaine to penetrate. In fact, it may take away from the scalp absorption since some will go into your hands or fingertips.

When I think of the word "massage", I think of something firm that moves the skin. This differs from sliding your fingers across your scalp. Can you clarify which you are doing?

Frankly, I'd stay away from doing any "massaging" of the scalp since skin movement of the recipient area will also pull on the donor and could increase the risk of scar stretching.

Best wishes,

Bill

I suppose i'm rubbing my finger tips over the recipetent area .... I thought maybe doing so would stimulate the area. Surely if the grafts are locked in place there shouldn't be a problem??

Thanks for the replies.

Never heard anywhere that massaging the recipient site stimulates growth, so don't do it. At this point, only time can help.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley