Incision size: is 0.8 or 0.9 too big?

This is not about the punch size for the extraction, but the incision into the recipient area.

One clinic I'm talking to says they use tools that are 0.8, 0.9 or 1mm.

The other clinic uses a 0.6mm tool for the incision process into the recipient area.

Which is the better option?

Here is a list of top FUE surgeons:

Bisanga

Feriduni

Lupanzula

Erdogan

Lorenzo

Forget this focus on tools, focus on results (patient posted, clinic posted and forum repuation) and consistency of results.

Good advice...good results are what count and each surgeon knows what instruments best serve their objectives to produce the best artistic result on each patient...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Good advice...good results are what count and each surgeon knows what instruments best serve their objectives to produce the best artistic result on each patient...;)

Is this including the Artas robot as well?

What is your problem? Most here have already told you a selection of high quality doctors you can look into and have recommended avoiding the ARTAS.

I know you think you're trying to be objective here, but with your mentality you're going to end up with a sweet talking salesman bragging about his tools, rather than one with quality results, reputation and consistency.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if you were a future repair case.

What is your problem? Most here have already told you a selection of high quality doctors you can look into and have recommended avoiding the ARTAS.

I know you think you're trying to be objective here, but with your mentality you're going to end up with a sweet talking salesman bragging about his tools, rather than one with quality results, reputation and consistency.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if you were a future repair case.

Yo, JeanLuc, we appreciate your helping others around here. Honestly we really do. But tame it down a bit maybe eh? No need to be so aggressive. You can "tell it like it really is" while ALSO showing a little more humility.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Yo, JeanLuc, we appreciate your helping others around here. Honestly we really do. But tame it down a bit maybe eh? No need to be so aggressive. You can "tell it like it really is" while ALSO showing a little more humility.

If you could help answer the following 2 questions it would really help.

1. For your FUT, do you know the size the surgeon used for the incision into your recipient area?
  2. At this point I'm thinking that smaller slits into the recipient area will house single hair follicle units and larger slits for more multiple FUs, is this correct?

The incisions sizes to receive the grafts should correlate to the peripheral sizes of the grafts being implanted...obviously a single hair graft is going to be leaner or more thin than a multiple hair bearing graft.

If the recipient incision is made too small, the graft can potentially cobblestone...and if the recipient incision is too large, the result can be pitting.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY