Looking to repair plugs

Hey Guys,

I am looking to camouflage my old mini and micro grafts. I will start with a little bit about my hair situation. I probably starting loosing my hair at 15 or 16. At 17 it was evident i was balding. I was already thinning in the crown and vertex. I decided without any research, because, well, the internet was not mainstream. I really didn't know much about the internet. I was lured in by a local surgeon with mass marketing, through TV,radio and even bill boards. He convinced me that he could help me out. So, i had my first transplant at 19 then 21 and then another at 23. This was total 2200 grafts with 300 grafts into my crown at 19. So, really his fat fuck*** plugs caused my native hair to fall out. There was no yield in the final transplant and I now I suffer from permanent scalp pain and inflammation. Not only did he waste my donor hair, but the nerve damage has caused a lot of hair to fall out. I am now presently 39, and i am hoping to make some improvements in the hairline. I don't have any good sources of hair and I am afraid that a hair transplant will cause further damage and will result in no growth. I spoke with a consulting with Hassan and Wong and he seemed to dismiss my concerns and would make a good candidate.

I was also looking at Hairline Clinic as a possible option and or Koray Erdogan.

I would like to mix in some beard hair with scalp hair at a low density. I don't know if it would look natural. I am really just looking for a short term solution in hopes that maybe in ten years there may be a cure. I have included some pics. Hopefully someone could help make some recommendations.

IMG_0699.JPG.6136cba6a049c3a10b05ad84105fb45d.JPG

IMG_0698.thumb.jpg.efb51f06096fbe4ac2d24cd189bb8890.jpg

IMG_0750.thumb.jpg.a3bc35c7c2a806f36cf101c2a3a426f1.jpg

IMG_0753.thumb.jpg.59fab0bcacf27c9b1d61d136c4f5ab68.jpg

Doesn't look too bad to me outside of the low density.

Not seeing the inflammation or the fat plug look.

You've got good surgeons in your sights with Hasson and Wong and Erdogan, so just keep researching and you'd probably be fine for 1000 or so grafts in there.

Messed up story about that surgeon man, luckily it doesn't look too bad and you've done well maintaining.

Considering you have done so well maintaining and your age, I would go all out and blast it with a repair using only scalp hair. Beard hair is particularly bad for hairline work because of textural differences. Both Hasson + Wong and Erdogan would be very good options, and you're probably not looking at a huge amount of grafts, likely less than 1400. I'm guessing the surgeon would try to lower it slightly creating a new hairline in front of the plugs.

I don't think that the recipient looks that bad. Your scar looks a little high, but I don't see why 2000-2500 would exceed your donor capacity. Also, think about it, you had 7 surgeouns quote you a number 2 to 2.5 times more hair than you want to have moved. Their quotes are based on the goals that you gave them. So, you are setting yourself up for failure by having goals that do no match the amount of hair that you want moved.

You either need to pony up the grafts or skip the surgery, because 1000 grafts won't do a heck of a lot, and you will likely end up disappointed.

BTW, for having your first HT 20 years ago, you have held onto it quite well.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I was on Propecia for 4 years since I was 20. I didn't see any results,so i stopped taking it. I then started using again for the last two years and added rogaine foam, 8 months ago. I am glad I gave it another shot, it seems to have stabilized my hair loss