Body hair to scalp

Hi all,

I have recently had a FUE procedure with a doctor who promised me that there would be no visible signs of an FUE procedure having been done. I've since shaved my head, and of course, i see very obvious signs of my FUE procedure. While they do not look like hypopigmentation scars, there are obvious gaps in my hair now because there are missing hair follicles.

I am currently just over a month post-op.

I was wondering if leg hair could be used to fill in those gaps and camouflage the gaps. I often get a skin fade hair cut, which requires razor shaving the bottom half of my hair.

I know people don't usually put hair back into their donor area, but in this case, I need to, and I was wondering if this was possible. Pigmentation is not an option for me because of how I cut my hair.

Thank you

I don't see why you can have the gaps filled. I'm just concerned about you being told you won't have any signs of surgery. What do you mean when you say you shave? Do you mean to the bone or do you buzz with a clipper?

I don't see why you can have the gaps filled. I'm just concerned about you being told you won't have any signs of surgery. What do you mean when you say you shave? Do you mean to the bone or do you buzz with a clipper?

I mean to the bone. And I made this very clear at multiple consultations with the doctor.

I will be making a post with regards to that in the near future.

Would that leg hair look natural if i keep my hair short (again, i like to keep it razor shaved or at least very very short). Or would it look bad? Its not that I'm lacking density...its more that I need to fill in those gaps. I'm just afraid leg hair would be too thin and not give that nice "stubble" look when shaved down.

Im currently only a month post-op. I've been reading about telogen effluvium and was wondering if that applies to my case; if this is the reason why i have gaps in my donor area (because the surrounding hairs have been shocked). I am in my late 20s, and I read that it more commonly affects younger males. So I was wondering if this will get better in the next few months. I only had 500 double hair grafts taken, which I've been told is very small, but the damage looks huge.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have any beard hair. All I have is semi-coarse leg hair, and a bit of hair around nipple and stomach areas.

How much did your donor improve before you did body hair transplant?

I don't think I'm low in density. I just need hair follicles to replace those visible gaps. Would leg hair not be feasible at all? It's more of a visual filler when I cut my hair short than it is for density.

Is this unusual for 500 extractions? I've seen cases where way more extractions were done and it looks great. 0.85mm punch was used and healing was uncomplicated to this point.

Edited by Fueforme333

Thanks HLS2015. I'll try to be patient.

My holes do not seem to be hypopigmented, do they? I was attributing it more to missing hair follicles than actual hypopigmented scarring. I usually don't scar when I cut my skin, so I'm hoping i'm lucky in that regard.

Also, it seems that there is hair surrounding every single extraction that was lost. Is it common to see that in all the extraction sites? Or did the doctor use a punch that was larger than said? It seems like for every extraction he did, 2-3 surrounding hairs were lost in the process.

Actually, you don't look terrible. Many untrained eyes would not even see that this is the results of a hairtranspant. Just Google "Steph Curry hair" and you will see his hair in the back looks similiar to yours (just from his hair characteristics).

Anyhow, it appears that the clinic went very low to your nape this might be causing your issue especially when you wear your hair that short.

Solution for me: Just wear it a little longer. No one will see it. If you for any reason have to have it that short. Wait 12 month and go for SMP in the scars.

Good luck and please do not make yourself to much of an headache.

Actually, you don't look terrible. Many untrained eyes would not even see that this is the results of a hairtranspant. Just Google "Steph Curry hair" and you will see his hair in the back looks similiar to yours (just from his hair characteristics).

Anyhow, it appears that the clinic went very low to your nape this might be causing your issue especially when you wear your hair that short.

Solution for me: Just wear it a little longer. No one will see it. If you for any reason have to have it that short. Wait 12 month and go for SMP in the scars.

Good luck and please do not make yourself to much of an headache.

Gasthoerer,

Thanks for the reply.

I am not so concerned about the nape in particular, but if you look all over, there are dots everywhere. I refuse to get SMP because it will look very bad if i continue to cut my hair in a skin fade.

Do the holes look too big for 0.85mm to you as well, possibly suggesting shock loss?

Sorry, missed your reply.

Actually, I have Troubles to understand it. Your "Problem" is made for SMP especially with the fade. It will look and feel perfect when made right.

Regarding your holes. Yes, they look a Little wide (maybe you just tend to wider scaring? Could be an Illusion as well. I would make a attempt on a "MS PAINT" an just add one black dot in the middle of some white aeas. Maybe it appears normal. Or at least you know.

Sorry, missed your reply.

Actually, I have Troubles to understand it. Your "Problem" is made for SMP especially with the fade. It will look and feel perfect when made right.

Regarding your holes. Yes, they look a Little wide (maybe you just tend to wider scaring? Could be an Illusion as well. I would make a attempt on a "MS PAINT" an just add one black dot in the middle of some white aeas. Maybe it appears normal. Or at least you know.

I just really don't want to pigment my head, thats all. I am just hoping now that the scars will contract and fade. I'm wondering even if i scar widely, will it eventually contract and become smaller?

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Umar performed a mega session consisting of 6500 body, beard, and little head donor (due to over harvesting from past procedures at other clinics), and gave me my life back.

In my opinion he is a miracle worker, and the only doctor who can do what he did for me.

Hope this helps.

Happy Patient's Blog