Dr De Reys no longer treats non-Belgian patients - alternatives?

I wanted to see Dr De Reys for my first hair transplant but I have been told he is now focusing on his patients from Belgium. I am from the UK. My questions are as follows:

- Who else does manual FUE in Europe?

- I was quoted 6500 Euros for 2500 grafts. Who else is in this price bracket?

Erdogan is one of the best FUE surgeons in the world and does it for 2.5 euros each which is cheaper than de reys. However as de reys is known for quoting less than normal and erdogan is known for quoting more, i'd imagine erdogan would quote 500-1.5k more grafts which could be more expensive overall.

I wanted to see Dr De Reys for my first hair transplant but I have been told he is now focusing on his patients from Belgium. I am from the UK. My questions are as follows:

- Who else does manual FUE in Europe?

- I was quoted 6500 Euros for 2500 grafts. Who else is in this price bracket?

Did he tell you himself? I am from the UK and was due to have my third operation with him last year, but came down with a bug that I caught off my son, so could not go. He does have a different website to the site he used a few years ago, which is available in different languages (including English), so this would seem strange. I would contact him, if you have not already done so.

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

And it is untrue he does not treat non Belgian pati?nte.

I thought that this was not true as well...did not sound right.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 5 weeks later...

Another poster wrote that somebody is running his UK website (which Dr De Reys has no control over) and when a potential patient e-mails the site, he says that he is no longer operating on UK folk and then recommends a German surgeon (Dr Villnow).

As such, Dr De Reys does operate on UK patients!

9133 FUE grafts over 4 operations:

1)  Dr De Reys - 3000 grafts in 2012; 2) Dr De Reys - 1800 grafts in 2014; 3) Dr Raghu Reddy - 1200 grafts in 2017; 4)  Dr Arshad - 3133 grafts in 2019

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/54899-9133-fue-grafts-3000-dr-de-reys-in-2013-1800-dr-de-reys-2014-1200-dr-reddy-2017-3133-dr-arshad-2019/

There are a lot of excellent surgeons in Europe that do manual FUE, most of which are recommended by our community. Check out the list of recommended doctors in the drop-down box in the right hand side bar. You can search by location or by name.

As for Dr. De Reys, I don't know what he is up to you anymore as he hasn't responded to my last couple emails even though he expressed interest in coming back on our recommended list. Maybe he's been too busy to present several more examples of his work since we haven't seen any for a while. But based on many of the patient examples that I have seen, I would be willing to include him back on the list with very little involvement from him. I just need to know how his practice has changed and revolved in the last year since he was included. There was a lot of confusion with the previous representative… I have gotten an email from the doctor himself explaining that there were all kinds of problems and that the previous representative wasn't who he said he was and I'm sure that set his practice back.

That said, if anybody does talk to him or hear from him, please encourage him to get back to me as I would like to learn a bit more about the situation.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody!

I am new here and recently started working with Dr. Rudi De Reys. Here's his new website I built, check it out: (Promotional link removed by moderator).

My close relative found Dr. Rudi thanks to this forum and had a procedure with him.

It seemed that Dr. Rudi had some issues with his international rep and he asked for my help. I am actually based in the US, but I am happy to help coordinate procedure for patients from all countries.

Dr. Rudi is super busy and is booking new patients for April 2018 right now. Let me know if you'd like a consult.

Bill, I also sent you a message. Let me know what I can do to help Dr. Rudi get back onto the recommended surgeon list. He'd appreciate it.

By the way, this forum is awesome! I linked a couple of reviews from here to the website bc they are the most legit source of information about hair transplant procedures.

Edited by David - Moderator