infinitive donor area?

hi all,

I'm 23, considering HT. However , I'm very curious about the studies about hair cloning and having a infinitive amount of donor hair. Has anyone knew the recent technologies and researches about this? Will that be possible some day??

Every year they keep saying it's 10 years down the road. Don't hold your breath. It's not coming anytime soon.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I'm not sure if its classed as cloning but there are a few companies making all the right noises. Histogen for example recently did a broadcast in which they stated their treatment could be made available to the public by 2013 in Asia and I believe 2015 in the States.

By doing hair clonning one can achieve a head full of thick hair but it is a not a permanent solution.the hair begins to fall after some months.It is not accepted by the body

Maxy,

I read an article where its been said that its coming in 2 yrs in asia

• 4 weeks later...
By doing hair clonning one can achieve a head full of thick hair but it is a not a permanent solution.the hair begins to fall after some months.It is not accepted by the body

How can you say that when everybody else is saying that we're years off seeing anything - I'm quite curious to know what treatment you're talking about...

-------------------------------------
700 graphs is never enough! 

Collection of useful links (profiles etc): https://bit.ly/3JC2xwS

Originally posted by Maxxy:

I'm not sure if its classed as cloning but there are a few companies making all the right noises. Histogen for example recently did a broadcast in which they stated their treatment could be made available to the public by 2013 in Asia and I believe 2015 in the States.

There is incentive for companies to present a hopeful outlook in order to procure capital. This has been going on for a very long time.

There is incentive for companies to present a hopeful outlook in order to procure capital. This has been going on for a very long time.

Yeah, I fully understand that this can and does go on. The only reason I mentioned Histogen really was that they are still at the pre-clinical trial stage and they have already presented results that over-shadows any other that I have seen from Intercytex in all the time they have been researching.

Some HT doctors are promising cloning to lure people into their clinics, but I wouldn't bet on that until there's substantial proof. The best company working on a cure right now in my opinion is Aderans. They're in Phase 2 trials and we should have results from phase 2 sometime soon. If phase 2 was successful, they will move on to phase 3, which would allow a marketable product to come out within 5 years. If not, then it'll take longer for something to come out. The only downside is that Aderans works in partnership with Bosley, so who knows what might happen.

Is the process of cloning essentially taking a sample of a patient's safe zone, cloning it, then implanting the cloned hair in the same fashion as a current HT procedure (minus the harvesting of course)?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.