Shedding after 4 - 5 months of transplant. WHY?

Hi guys,

i had a hair transplant 5 months ago. using finasterid(1mg), biotin ve multivitamin. until 3,5 months my transplanted area was looking good and the growth had been not great but i was satisfied. However the transplanted hair began to fall out aggressively beginning at 4 months until now and on. I had a full blood test and everything is normal. The crown area lost its density. it's not the native hair that fall out. i know it's normal to 50-100 hairs fall per day but this is a real agressive shedding that's not typical i think.

I am very confused about the situation. Will they grow up again?

Have you changed shampoos or other hair products recently? That could be the culprit.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

The transplanted hair is expected to fall out because of normal cyclical behavior.

Give it several months and see if those areas fill back in with a new growth cycle.

Also let your surgeon know what you have been experiencing so it can be documented in your chart.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Most people are in the ugly duckling phase at this point in the post op process, give it a full calendar year and you'll likely get over this awkward phase.

Good luck.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Here are some pics

RPQBEo.jpg

nWE2G1.jpg

gWXynL.jpg

9dGER9.jpg

İ'im in 5 months of ht and hair falling goes on. my surgeon adviced to take finasterid 1.25 mg per day instead of 1 mg. says that in the beginning of summer DHT amount rises in body for males?? i don't think this is the solution. Some says that PRP can be a cure for this. looking for prp option.

did these hairs fall out at the beginning as well?

no it was all normal include the shock loss. after 3 months hair began to rise but in 4 months began to fall out. mostly they look too strong to fall out.