I didn't get my donor area examined at my consultation. Normal?

If anybody could share their experiences, it would help.

I had a consultation the other week, however during the consultation I was told that the clinic examines/confirms the donor area on the day of operation.

Is this normal?

I was ideally hoping to have my donor area thoroughly examined before committing to a transplant via a microscopic device (the apparatus all surgeons use to check your donor), in order to determine just how many grafts I have, and the quality of those grafts and quality of my donor area in general.

What do you think, can anybody offer me some advice?

You definitely want to get the doctors opinion of the donor supply. As stated above if the donor area isn't that great a procedure might not be worth it. And a good doctor will give you a honest opinion. Also if th doctor is honest about your donor supply, it can give you a realistic expectation of what you can expect should you be a candidate for a HT.

It sounds like you met with the sales representative (consultant) and not the doctor? Is that correct?

Otherwise if the doctor was there at the appointment, it seems bizarre that he/she would not have examined your donor region.

I mean what better time or opportunity than the consultation appointment to examine and assess your donor and candidacy for the procedure?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY