2300 grafts with Dr Diep

bw77

Hello all,

I have recently completed a FUE procedure with Dr Diep and I thought I'd share some pics. I'm sure I'll have some questions in the upcoming weeks and so any advice or opinions would be appreciated. I'm 39 years old.

On Monday, June 5 I received 2300 grafts to address my receding hairline. I have always had very fine hair and so I'm not expecting the results to look like Elvis Presley or David Beckham but rather just an age appropriate hairline that I can style and with the assistance of some spray or product not be embarrassed about.

I have always liked the look of the widow's peak and so I asked Dr Diep to bring my hairline to a point in the middle.

As my hair is particularly fine, any thoughts (or words of encouragement) from other people with fine hair would be greatly appreciated. I'll be posting updates in the upcoming weeks.

5b32f42cc6fe5_June5aftersurgery.JPG.d66647400295f70763b8715e861d692c.JPG

Hello all,

I have recently completed a FUE procedure with Dr Diep and I thought I'd share some pics. I'm sure I'll have some questions in the upcoming weeks and so any advice or opinions would be appreciated. I'm 39 years old.

On Monday, June 5 I received 2300 grafts to address my receding hairline. I have always had very fine hair and so I'm not expecting the results to look like Elvis Presley or David Beckham but rather just an age appropriate hairline that I can style and with the assistance of some spray or product not be embarrassed about.

I have always liked the look of the widow's peak and so I asked Dr Diep to bring my hairline to a point in the middle.

As my hair is particularly fine, any thoughts (or words of encouragement) from other people with fine hair would be greatly appreciated. I'll be posting updates in the upcoming weeks.

Looks very densely packed. Should be good! I just had a very similar HT done myself. Do you have any before pics? Are you on Propecia?

Thanks man,

Dr Diep said he packed it as densely as he could. I've been taking Finasteride 3 times a week for the last six months but since the surgery I have started taking it daily. Doc said I should take it daily for the next year and after the hairs have matured I can make decisions beyond that. I'll start minox again in a couple of weeks.

Work looks good and dense. This should be a very good result. Happy growing and remember to be patient for the first 6 months

Congrats. I am a widows peak fan too. Looking real good overall. Don't forget to update till the 12 m mark. Happy growing.

Don't hesitate to remove those crusts between day 8-14, and don't be alarmed even if your hair comes off with the crust. Best wishes.

Edited by spyk777

Hi everyone,

I'm six days post surgery and yesterday I noticed a line in my recipient area developing. The line has gotten stronger today and it appears as though others are developing. I can't really see any grafts within the line and so I'm wondering id this is normal or if something has happened?

I have been very careful not to bump or disrupt my recipient area. Anyone seen this kind of thing before? I should say that my forehead does feel quite tight.

5b32f43236940_Day6.jpeg.84a81406067294d1fe0ea70f51339f5b.jpeg

Thanks for responding mate. I was starting to panic a bit. I've been doing a little research and it seems like it happens a bit.

Thanks again for responding

So this is where I am at the moment.

My recipient area is flaking when it is dry and so I have been lightly rubbing my fingers over this area and the flakes have been falling off. Should I be doing this? or should I keep my fingers out of it????

I noticed a hair within a scab...or a few within a few flakes and so I'm worried I'm messing things up?

5b32f44137793_Day9afterwash.JPG.74799bc6ff44c9ac1ae291200677175e.JPG

5b32f44150844_Day9harshlight.JPG.b33f1696b4e6cf00291fd3b6bd5f31c9.JPG

So this is where I am at the moment.

My recipient area is flaking when it is dry and so I have been lightly rubbing my fingers over this area and the flakes have been falling off. Should I be doing this? or should I keep my fingers out of it????

I noticed a hair within a scab...or a few within a few flakes and so I'm worried I'm messing things up?

Stop touching it! Do whatever you can not to pick at it or touch it. If it itches you just have to grin and bear it. Your fingers have bacteria on them and if you touch it too much you run the risk of infection. Plus picking off scabs too early can lead to prolonged and unnecessary redness/scarring.

Not trying to scare you or anything. All of these problems are temporary but they will prolong your healing process. Your grafts themselves should be solid by day 5 so your hairs should be good now. Unless you pluck one out and see blood, the reproductive part of the hair is in place for good.

But stop touching it. If it itches or is flaky you should put moisturizing conditioner, or leave-in conditioner if you have it. Do that twice a day. Keep the area moist in this way.

Thanks man! I won't touch it again.

I looked at a scab/hair and it looked like it had some skin around it and so I thought it might be a graft.....I will be completely hands off other than washing from this point forward.

I'm worried what came out today were grafts? No blood or hole though, but a few scabs with hair attached... But...you think the grafts are pretty much settled by day 5??

Thanks man! I won't touch it again.

I looked at a scab/hair and it looked like it had some skin around it and so I thought it might be a graft.....I will be completely hands off other than washing from this point forward.

I'm worried what came out today were grafts? No blood or hole though, but a few scabs with hair attached... But...you think the grafts are pretty much settled by day 5??

I don't think it's impossible to remove grafts after Day 5, but according to my doctor, the roots are pretty much set in place by then and removing them would require some effort.

Most of the transplanted hair is going to shed over the next several weeks before returning for good in 3-6 months, so it's possible that you just pulled out hair that would've shed a little ahead of schedule.

It's not so much the hair I'd worry about at this point but the skin around it. It's raw, healing skin, prone to infection and scarring.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any updates or progress pics to post? I have a very similar design by Dr. Diep and am just curious to see how yours is turning out.

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts