Went to consultation, now I'm asking for advice

Hi all,

I recently went to a hair restoration clinic for a consultation. The place is in Sweden (where I live), and from what I can tell it's not listed on this site. But they've been active for 25 years, so I figured I would give it a go: https://www.newhairclinic.se/

Anyway, the surgeon suggested I undergo a conservative FUE procedure of around 800 grafts, focused on the thinning areas around the temples, with a density of around 35-40 grafts per cm2.

In your opinion, and based on your impressions from the pictures I have attached, does this seem a reasonable procedure? Or is the area to be covered too small, the graft density to sparse?

I am 31 years old, which I assume means I have to expect further hair loss. This procedure would be followed by further procedures down the road, which I am fine with.

Looking forward to your replies!

/Aardvark

a.jpg.6c4444cca2ed75cb14968d0e2ee985e0.jpg

b.jpg.74c799380264dad8c08be2dadcc7a1f1.jpg

c.jpg.316c55422ab46a0a1fa8308b739bdc62.jpg

You could use close to 1400 in that area. I'd get a second opinion from a known and trusted physician. I've seen eye brows take 800.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Are you on finasteride?

Anyway, seems a bit a low amount of grafts. I mean it depends on your goals, but I'd go for a bigger procedure to reinforce your temples and frontal forelock a bit more.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

Too low. Around the temples?? Temple points, or hairline and temples.

Sounds too low. Recommend second opinion on the transplant. Too important of an area to mess with.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Quote from Charles R. Swindol

March 14, 2013. 2462 grafts to the crown

Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel in Portland, Oregon

Dr. Gabel's Website

Really really interesting because my hair loss is similar to yours and today I was quoted the same figures (830ish grafts).

I was also told that the universal standard is 35 grafts per cm square.

The physician/surgeon said a not-so dense packing is done to ensure survival rate. Does that make sense?

My main question is, if the frontal forelock area is shaven all the way down can hairs still not be implanted on that area?

Before you decide get a few more consultations. Online and in person. Read a lot of posts here. My personal opinion is that your whole frontal 3rd is due to fall out eventually so you want to think factor in that possibility. Take easyjet to Belgium or fly wherever a really good doctor is for a consult. It will be worth the extra little cost in the end.