Dr. Hasson/FUT/extensive scarring from accident/2nd pass/9 months post-op

This patient from Mexico in his early 30’s wanted to restore his hair many years after a childhood accident. Boiling oil was spilled causing extensive scarring and damage to the follicles. His first attempt to address this was to have a surgery performed in Mexico City 5-6 years earlier. As evidenced in the pre-op photos, it did little to achieve his goals. Not satisfied, he intensified his research, enter Hasson and Wong. With no MPB and very good donor, Dr. Hasson was confident he could restore the areas of loss. Because of the scarring, 2-3 procedures were planned. After the second, the patient is very happy and the reconstruction is complete. These photos were sent in by the patient 9 months after the second procedure. In the last photo set, the pic on the left shows the growth from the first 2142 grafts, shaved down to prepare for the 2nd procedure. The pic on the right shows the placement of the grafts in the second procedure immediately post-op. Because of the scarring, 2 separate procedures instead of one were employed. We don’t try and dense pack into scar tissue so the first procedure is conservative. Once the first is performed, blood supply returns to the tissue allowing for a more aggressive 2nd pass. The second procedure used 3104 grafts. This is an update of a previous post on this case, that had some broken links, seen here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/157297-dr-hasson-patient-burn-victim-2142-grafts-one-session-11-months.html

NC-DrH-FUT-front-tilt.jpg

NC-DrH-FUT-front-tilt2.jpg

NC-DrH-FUT-front-tilt3.jpg

NC-DrH-FUT-right.jpg

NC-DrH-FUT-left.jpg

NC-DrH-FUT-left-close.jpg

NC-DrH-FUT-top.jpg

NC-DrH-FUT-top2.jpg

NC-DrH-FUT-recovery.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Cases like this bring tears to my eyes. It's wonderful to see a procedure that many consider to be a vanity purchase, deliver a truly life-changing outcome for someone with an injury such as this.

Well done!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Seeing such an amazing repair. I havent seen repairs like this coming out of Canada. Very few of the few can nail such repairs. Maybe a first with great yield and density.

It is amazing to see and you feel so happy for the patient. Some folk feel depressed about themselves at their situation.