What the hell is wrong with me :( 22 and balding

Hey everyone, I'm new here and This is more of a vent post but anyway

I have just turned 22 and have been dealing with hair loss since I was around 18. I'd say my hairline is a NW2/mature but my crown is so bad! There's little hair there whatsoever. I can tactically cover it but it's a combover basically :(

I've been on Finasteride (proscar) , Regaine foam and Nizoral for around 3 years. Been on 0.5 dustasteride (Avodart) for around 2 years, and have been on various supplements such as Biotin, Saw palmetto and MSM on and off but they don't seem to help

None of these treatments have improved the crown thinning!

Any advice?

Thank you!

Tom

theres nothing you can do mate, its purely genetic, no matter how much you want to hear there is a cure its not going to happen, mpb starts around the age you have stated, classic sign is receding hairline followed by balding in the crown, yours sounds quite aggressive, and if especially the proscar hasn't helped after 2 years i personally would discontinue it, your still young and risk permanent side effects, do NOT get a hair transplant at your age, shave you freaking head and get on with your life

theres nothing you can do mate, its purely genetic, no matter how much you want to hear there is a cure its not going to happen, mpb starts around the age you have stated, classic sign is receding hairline followed by balding in the crown, yours sounds quite aggressive, and if especially the proscar hasn't helped after 2 years i personally would discontinue it, your still young and risk permanent side effects, do NOT get a hair transplant at your age, shave you freaking head and get on with your life

Hey! Thanks for the reply

Shaving my head is something I really can't do! It won't suit me! I can hope I maintain for while and see if any new developments come out. I have been considering a partial hair system for my crown as the rest of my hair is very thick

Hey! Thanks for the reply

Shaving my head is something I really can't do! It won't suit me! I can hope I maintain for while and see if any new developments come out. I have been considering a partial hair system for my crown as the rest of my hair is very thick

think you need to upload photos there is a lot of surgeons and people here that will give you the right advice, your age in my opinion makes surgery not even an option

think you need to upload photos there is a lot of surgeons and people here that will give you the right advice, your age in my opinion makes surgery not even an option

I'll upload some when I get the chance :), but yes I'm not considering a hair transplant as I'm far too young and the Cost. Thank you for the advice :)

I'll upload some when I get the chance :), but yes I'm not considering a hair transplant as I'm far too young and the Cost. Thank you for the advice :)

Others will have a more informed opinion but if your hair does go completely, this would actually make surgery an option because you'd have a blank slate to work with. The medication is not working so just stop taking it. See a couple of doctors and see what they think.

Did you switch from Finasteride to Dutasteride? Sounds like you've been hitting hairloss with everything available. You don't mention any side effects which is good.

Do you think you've stabilised your loss?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Did you switch from Finasteride to Dutasteride? Sounds like you've been hitting hairloss with everything available. You don't mention any side effects which is good.

Do you think you've stabilised your loss?

I take finasteride daily and dutasteride every other day! I have no idea what else to try!

I've had no side effects which I'm really happy with, and its not got much worse the past few years. I was expecting more from the treatments though

Others will have a more informed opinion but if your hair does go completely, this would actually make surgery an option because you'd have a blank slate to work with. The medication is not working so just stop taking it. See a couple of doctors and see what they think.

What if I have maintained and loose it all

Check your donor for miniaturisation. I got a transplant this year as a norwood 3 with FUE but I stabilized effectively on propecia alone. If you have a good donor, I would recommend considering FUT.

Check your donor for miniaturisation. I got a transplant this year as a norwood 3 with FUE but I stabilized effectively on propecia alone. If you have a good donor, I would recommend considering FUT.

My donor is quite thick! I can't see any miniaturisation thankfully! I mean I'm only 22 so hair transplants may be too early for me. It's always an option for the future though! Depends what happens with my hair

I take finasteride daily and dutasteride every other day! I have no idea what else to try!

I've had no side effects which I'm really happy with, and its not got much worse the past few years. I was expecting more from the treatments though

I wasn't much older than you when I realised I was losing my hair. I knew nothing about hairloss and so I came online hoping that there was a cure. When I found out that there wasn't, I started Finasteride hoping to God that I'd be one of those rare few that re-grew their hairlines. I didn't.

We all start the treatments with high hopes, but for many people maintaining hair is the best that can be achieved and that in itself should be considered a success.

I wasn't much older than you when I realised I was losing my hair. I knew nothing about hairloss and so I came online hoping that there was a cure. When I found out that there wasn't, I started Finasteride hoping to God that I'd be one of those rare few that re-grew their hairlines. I didn't.

We all start the treatments with high hopes, but for many people maintaining hair is the best that can be achieved and that in itself should be considered a success.

Hair loss at a young age sucks doesn't it!

I like your way of thinking it though. I don't believe I have lost any ground since I began my treatments, And since I started at a young age then who knows what the aggressive hair loss could have done if I did not use any meds.

I hope I manage to maintain for as long as possible, and fingers crossed something new may be available by then!

No he shouldn't he's far to young

Hair loss at a young age sucks doesn't it!

I like your way of thinking it though. I don't believe I have lost any ground since I began my treatments, And since I started at a young age then who knows what the aggressive hair loss could have done if I did not use any meds.

I hope I manage to maintain for as long as possible, and fingers crossed something new may be available by then!

It's impossible to know how aggressive it will be and how fast it would be progressing without the meds. Hairloss can stop and start. But since you're doing well on the meds I wouldn't dwell on the improvement you hoped to see and consider yourself fortunate. :)

It's impossible to know how aggressive it will be and how fast it would be progressing without the meds. Hairloss can stop and start. But since you're doing well on the meds I wouldn't dwell on the improvement you hoped to see and consider yourself fortunate. :)

Need to see it from the glass half full instead of half empty :P