Dr Hasson/3493 grafts/FUT/impressive hairline for only 6 months post-op/fine hair

This patient in his mid-30’s from Vancouver went back and forth on his decision of whether to have FUE or FUT. He decided on FUT and was happy with his decision as the scar is not an issue. 3493 grafts were used to restore his hairline and parts of the frontal zone. 917 single hair grafts, 2447 double hair grafts and 129 3-4 hair grafts. His hair is on the fine side and he is wearing a styling product. This result is quite impressive especially considering it is only 6 months post-op

DJ-DrH-FUT-front.jpg

DJ-DrH-FUT-front-close.jpg

DJ-DrH-FUT-front-close-dip.jpg

DJ-DrH-FUT-right-angle.jpg

DJ-DrH-FUT-right-close.jpg

DJ-DrH-FUT-left-close.jpg

DJ-DrH-FUT-left-close-2.jpg

DJ-DrH-FUT-left.jpg

DJ-DrH-FUT-front-tilt.jpg

DJ-DrH-FUT-front-crown.jpg

DJ-DrH-FUT-recovery.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Of course the work is immaculate as per usual and especially impressive considering how natural it looks with the styling product, but I feel with some of the Hasson cases lately that for the amount of grafts a slightly lesser density and a lower, more aggressive and less of a widows peak hairline along with reinforced temple points would be a better trade off for the massive density in such a small area, that is still approaching a norwood 2.5 with a lot of forehead exposed. I'd be curious to see the survival rate of a case like this next to a more typical case which might be 20-30% less dense for the area. Also interested to see how this matures over the next 6 months.

Very good result, but just wondering if the patient was interested in addressing his temple points?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Looks great now and will look great at 50

Clooney is a norwood 1 with strong temple points at 56. Are you telling me that he doesn't look good or that his hair doesn't look natural? . Robert Redford is 80 years old with a norwood 1 and a teenagers hair, and again I don't think there is a single person on this forum who would be disappointed having his norwood 1 at 80.

For that amount of grafts and density it can't be argued about conserving grafts or a master plan. I don't think the result looks fully balanced without temple point work and I'd hesitate to even say he went down a full norwood, and he took 3500 grafts.

Again I think the result is phenomenal , but for that many FUT grafts I think a more aesthetic result could be achieved focusing on a lower, less receded hairline and temple point work. Just my opinion. And of course after 12 months I'm sure it will look even better.

I think his hairline is in the perfect location. I have seen a few people who have had surgery years ago and their hairline was brought down too low. It now looks awful and they don't have enough donor hair to address all of the baling area. Having the hairline of a 15 year old would be great but having surgery to achieve a 15 year old hairline is not smart and I think any doctor out there with a clue would agree. You only have so much donor hair. Supply and demand comes into play eventually.

Obviously we aren't aware of his donor characteristics and hair thickness, but you cannot possibly argue that this is a conservation issue with 3500 grafts in that absolutely tiny area. I'm sure we both would have seen far less dense packing turn out fantastic results covering far larger areas.

Again I'd ask you to look at older gentlemen in their 50s and 60s with matured norwood 1s, no one in their right mind can honestly argue that it looks off.

3500 grafts is 3500 grafts, I've seen cases with similar hair characteristics at 50 microns cover a larger area and achieve a natural, and lower hairline. Obviously t's the choice of patient and the doctor, but personally I don't like the approach, and also think the lack of temple point work looks a little off.

Also would be interested on the number for area covered.