Follow the Money

Spanker

As a ever so very slowly continue to miniaturize, I consider myself lucky. Nobody that looks at me thinks I am losing hair and I am very happy with the way my hair looks. However, when parting my hair and under close inspection, I do have some miniaturization. Not a lot, but I know it is there and I know that baldness is progressive. That doesn't mean that I will end of a NW5 or 6, but pretty much everyone on this board will be or is more bald that they would like. Time is cruel to us with hairloss. Nobody miraculously grows more hair without doing anything and finasteride has a shelflife for staving off hairloss. At 7 years, I am nearing the end of the road for the "stopped my hairloos" portion and will be entering the "slowed my hairloss" phase. Don't get me wrong, it is still WAY better than nothing,

Because of that, I try to keep up on cures and treatments, especially the non-surgical type. I go to the hairloss cure by 2020 site once a month or so to see what is new. I was looking into doing some investing too on a small hobby type scale, so I started looking at the companies that are looking for hairloss cure.

My findings were slightly disappointing. None of the stocks are impressive or have had a major swing in the past few years. So, my advice, when you see a sensational headline about companies that are going to have a cure in 2018 or 2020, look and see what their stock is doing. I really believe that the money will follow the real deal before it becomes public to the average Joe.

That doesn't mean a big company like Pfiezer or someone doesn't have a guy that is going to strike gold tomorrow (although I doubt it), but I think using stock movement is a good way to gauge the possibility of a company having a treatment that is in the works that is openly planning on coming out in the next few years.

Unfortunately, I think that PRP with Acell is the biggest newish thing that is getting improved upon. I do not think it is a cure or super treatment but I believe it is just one additional tool that people will be using over the next decade, like finasteride and minoxidil to keep as much hair as possible and boost some growth.

Hopefully, something great will come along before my (and your) hairloss progresses, but until them, I'll be around and hopeful, but skeptical.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I've been around here a while and I see things, I mean I see and notice things like fine details, people's hair characteristics and also what they say and how they help and interact with other forum members.

You are one of the good guys Spanker.

Also compared to most of us your initial hairloss was not that extensive and you also appear to be a great responder to Fin, so that puts you miles ahead the majority of hairloss sufferers. Even your temple points and temple area is strong which some of us older guys would kill for, that youthful look even in the temples. That should give you some positive perspective to think about

Anyway back to the subject at hand, until something better comes along it looks like we can at least count on Replicell possibly being available in 2018 and other advancements in stem cell research etc.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186140-revolutionary-replicel-hair-loss-treatment-2018-a.html

I'm not sure we'll reach a full cure in our earlier lifetimes when we're still young enough to care but who knows.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Spanker (and yes I just learned how you got your name) tells it like it is. We are lucky to be aging in the 2000s because the state of hair transplants and treatments in the 20th century sucked--unbelievable as that is. I get it that hair loss is a cosmetic thing, but so is the shape of boobs and noses. There has been great progress with the cosmetics of those appendages I will say hair transplants have nicely evolved over the last 30+years. I remember getting a consult in NYC from a doctor in the mid-80s. Boy am I glad that I didn't take the plunge---too salesey and not enough solid evidence. Now we have superstars like Konior, who with their artistry and skill, can do natural looking wonders. Great progress on that front, but finite donor hair always seems to be the constraint. Until stem cell or some genetic manipulation hits mainstream (and I have my doubts that it will be by 2020), Spanker you are just going to need your Chicago buddy to fine tune---and he is without a doubt top on my list.

I bought a Time Machine on Amazon (surprisingly good price, too) and went to 2027 to check on things. Sadly, there are still no miracle Baldness cures available. :(

So work with what we got, folks.

On the plus side, I did snag an autographed pic with President Katy Perry.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• 2 weeks later...

I read this the other day about what's in the pipeline for 2017-2018.

Replicel still seems at the top of the list for plausible treatments available soon.

Ultimate Guide to Hair Regeneration 2017 – Follicle Thought

Other ones mentioned are Histogen's HSC and Brotzu lotion plus several others.

Anyway it's an interesting read on what's on the horizon.

Btw as a stock investment Replicel is not limited to hair loss but also produces stem cell treatments for tendonitis and wrinkles and an injection device.

At a glance it's a risky stock as it trades on the OTC (and also venture market in Canada) but is listed on the middle tier OTCQB. Stock price has taken a beaten somewhat so could be some upside.

go dense or go home