Losing hope... Help needed... Please...

• Administrators
Why you not considering Hair System? You are definitely not an ideal candidate for HT now

Kindly explore Hair Systems world.

I completely agree

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

I personally would never wear a hair system again. I tried one back when I was 21 and it was horrible. There was a constant feeling that someone would find out or that someone who knew or suspected it was a hairpiece would try to pull it off in front of strangers. I was hearing jokes from people calling me helmet head. I will never go through that again.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I empathize with your story, for I went through 4 botched procedures with other clinics before having a successful one with Dr. Umar, and in my opinion, a life saving one from a psychological perspective from myself. I too was done being bald.

I wish you all the best with whatever route you go towards. If you have any questions please feel free to message me. Below is the link to my story, along with a video.

Happy Patient's Blog

I would do some in person consults for fue. I think 2500 or so to fill in the temporal recession and bridge through the mid scalp could help, but you'd need to be on fin to prevent the sides from dropping more. It could be a possibility but you'd need to see a trusted doc.

Hair System is an option and the most immediate solution. However, weak sides make blending these harder, but it may work.

Then just going for the shave and smp. However, I think if money wasnt an issue, I'd still try to connect the hairline to.the sides with fue. Tough case man.

I think your situation is workable.

Look, many people did tell me how hopeless my situation was, but eventually I decided to go ahead and get combo scalp and BHT done (mainly beard). Eventually if money is not a big issue I would give it a try. At least that is what I felt!, and I am amply satisfied with my transplant.

My doc was able to harvest bit more than 3500 from my donor zone. I have been also told I have around 1000-1500 left if I need be which I plan to use to strenghten my crown and overall thickness. As long as your goals are reasonable you can consult some doctors who regularly do BHT (my doc does BHT on regular basis,in fact most of my grafts are beard hairs).

My feeling when I heard people comment on my original thread was, if I don't try then I would be regretting this my whole life. I did and am very happy that I did as well as with my results.

Good luck to you.

Link for my album is in profile pasted below.

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - harin's Profile

I post my original thread here to let you know what responses were like 2 years ago. Read through it.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178561-2000-grafts-enough-norwood-class-6-a.html

Good luck to you man, wish you all the best.

Finally my HT journey is documented in the thread in my signature.

My Thread: 

UPDATE:

I actually just booked a last minute FUT with Dr Hasson! He's going to get everything he can out of my donor and then I'll likely need to go back for an FUE next year... Here goes nothing....

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE:

I actually just booked a last minute FUT with Dr Hasson! He's going to get everything he can out of my donor and then I'll likely need to go back for an FUE next year... Here goes nothing....

Great news. Hoping this works out for you and I look forward to updates on the thread.

When is your procedure? Or have you already had it done? Not sure how last minute you were talking about... :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56