transplanted hair cycle

Spidey

Anyone here experience a noticeable density change when their transplanted hair goes through their natural hair cycle a year + post transplant? Just wondering whether a large percentage of their transplanted hair shed, and caused noticeable thinness until its anagen stage. Or was/is it fairly subtle.

thanks

There's a fantastic thread here that Spex started that is very informative. But the short answer is that yes, it's something to be aware of and mentally prepared for.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

We talked about something similar in this thread here below, and this was my answer.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/158893-transplanted-hairs-falling-out-12-months-post-hair-transplant-4.html

Originally Posted by mikeey

TO MY HORROR ... he has also CHIMED "That in the 1st year his HT from FUE did Look very Robust " by following the next few months it has Mellowed and is not as thick as it was ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it has to do with the growth cycle for the newly transplanted hairs all kicking in at around the same time where you have a large number of hairs that have started to grow within the same growth phase at around 6 months to one year.

Then the normal hair growth cycle for each individual hair balances out in time and not all hairs transplanted are in the anagen (growing) phase at the same time. I experienced this with my transplants, and an email reply from Dr. Hasson many years ago said something on similar lines.

Another good reason to wait it out before having a second or third procedures I guess, until everything balances out both good and bad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spex's link also provides great insights.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I had a noticeable shed at around 2 years. I think to sum it up you get 100% at one year, it sheds 2-2.5 years in to 70% then 6 months later returns to about 85%.

The missing 15% is then just a certain percentage hair that has shed at any one time.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day