Lagging area at almost 7months, will new hair emerge or will it just "mature"?

Hey fellas, I've had 3261 grafts with Dr Demirsoy this summer and is seems to be going well so far but one area is really sparse at this point.

Here is a close-up pic. I can see some tiny peach-fuzz like hairs, but maybe they aren't from the transplant. What do you think? It's almost 7 months in:

gjiF3S1.jpg

In my opinion you will not see any new hair sprouting in that area at this stage, only changes in texture. It may look less see-through as the hair matures but I do not think that it will match your native density without another procedure.

At seven months you still have a chance of seeing new sprouts but with each passing month the chances diminish. It is fair to give the result a full twelve months to improve with new hairs but beyond that, it is unlikely that new hairs will present themselves and you will only have texture changes and improvements to expect. This can go on as long as 18 months after your procedure.

Online representative for Dr. Bernard Arocha

Learn more about Hair Transplants in Texas!

crowns are renown to be late bloomers. Not all cases but some. I'd be patient for another 2-3 months max and move forward from there

That looks like a spot just behind his hairline, not his crown.

At seven months you still have a chance of seeing new sprouts but with each passing month the chances diminish. It is fair to give the result a full twelve months to improve with new hairs but beyond that, it is unlikely that new hairs will present themselves and you will only have texture changes and improvements to expect. This can go on as long as 18 months after your procedure.

I have never seen a patch that sparse thicken and fill in completely to match the native density from months 7-12.

Do you have a before photo to compare with? And did your surgeon communicate the level of grafted density that he did in the recipient area?

You should still have some more hair coming through at 7 months post-op.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY