How many grafts left in my donor area?

Hi just to recap for those of you not familiar with my case .I had 4200 FUE grafts in Turkey 2 years ago i will need a second transplant I'm just interested in how my donor looks to people and opinions on how many grafts could safely be extracted at this stage.

I'm 54 years old I've tried to show pics best I can, the crown is where I need to concentrate on but will probably get grafts into the mid-sclap working into the crown I don't have good quality pre-op pics but you get the idea .

Showing some pics from the front not sure if i should try yo add density or not maybe best to leave alone would hate to shock loss the grafts is it possible to add density to transplanted grafts ,this I;m not sure about.

First pic the hair is damp to get a better idea as you can see from the pics the crown looks less obvious depending on angle viewed

but as you can see in two of the pics still quite a large balding area but compared to before i'm more than happy especially at 54 a balding crowd is not so bad ,still pisses me of though. last two pics pre op no hair-line to speak of an pretty much bald on top part from miniaturised hair hanging on.

Also showing a pic wet combed back 5th pic still doesn't look to bad but just wondering how many grafts I would need to finish the job

DSC_0009.thumb.jpg.34c4531dcac99c5b7735d4672d43bc0d.jpg

DSC_0107.thumb.jpg.05e6a1afae0ad9a230f306368645d468.jpg

DSC_0122.thumb.jpg.780a303803888b1b6b6ef0698dc5aa60.jpg

DSC_0056.thumb.jpg.4ed8fa69058a414c1b7e0d3c671ac623.jpg

DSC_0983.thumb.jpg.f853410cb42a49b181814a20f5c9eba1.jpg

DSC_0077.thumb.jpg.d9cefee69f3558be42e5c49e645c3e5c.jpg

DSC_0893.thumb.jpg.2bdbbfb32b65136bacce47a613a32449.jpg

DSC_0388.thumb.jpg.dfd61b0cab5dce6324f90f67cd5b9f22.jpg

DSC_0170.thumb.jpg.a31d110efda93af8fba3e623029447ba.jpg

DSC_0297.thumb.jpg.f3836234086923625d0800de196700b6.jpg

DSC_0777.thumb.jpg.1d87e6ed631489a610b01218e65b93ca.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg.321907695ef87a6c38ab568c2ccab54a.jpg

IMG_0087-2.jpg.17da2e3c617a06eb75dd06a1dc4faab2.jpg

Edited by Mick50

Mick50,

Your current results look very good. Many patients have more than one procedure in their lifetime, and often wonder about how many grafts are left to work with. That is always a good question!

Typically the standard answer is that most men have an average of 4000 - 8000 grafts available. Now that is average and some will be on the high end and others on the lower end. Alot of the variability comes from how your starting density is and also how quickly you lose your hair as you age. (i.e. someone with a large head, high density, and stays on hair loss prevention meds may have 8000+ donor in their reserve)

Looking at your photos without measuring your donor density, it looks like you probably have donor on the higher end. I think you shouldn't have any problem doing another session with grafts to spare for any future need. If you are just talking about doing the midscalp and into the crown, another session may require anywhere from 2000-2500 grafts.

Finally, after all the majority of you scalp donor is used, there is also the possiblilty of body/ beard hair for additional density if needed.

Thank you for your answer DrJosephitis , yes I'm aware being a high NW more than one procedure would be needed I think mid-scalp into the crown would be the best option as then i will be able to comb it back and mostly cover the crown. Thanks again for your estimate on the grafts needed.

• Administrators

Killer donor area Mick, one more surgery and you are done, honestly I don't think your crown looks bad, I would say you have more hair than most other guys your age.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Killer donor area Mick, one more surgery and you are done, honestly I don't think your crown looks bad, I would say you have more hair than most other guys your age.

Thanks HT soon, I realise for a guy approaching mid fifties ,damn just realised I am mid fifties,

I'm in a pretty good position just be nice to finish the job ,

I won't be greedy and try to add density to the front most

Lighting situations it's pretty solid, but same as you the crown bothers me, 2000 or so midscalp into crown

Should make a big difference.

Edited by Mick50

Good job mick- where in turkey ? Considering as future option and ur results look great , would like to know ur surgeon plz

Thanx

I went with Dr Resat don174 ,when he was with Longevity

But he just drew hair line Meds etc, the nurses did all of the work ,big risk I know but thankfully it worked out OK

Any questions more than willing to answer .

Hi Mick,

It's great to see your hair looking so good 2 years on from your original transplant. I would say about 2000 grafts should fix your crown area. On the plus side your donor still looks strong so all pretty straight forward I hope.

Hi Mick,

It's great to see your hair looking so good 2 years on from your original transplant. I would say about 2000 grafts should fix your crown area. On the plus side your donor still looks strong so all pretty straight forward I hope.

Hi Shera good to hear from you again, thanks for comments ,strangely enough I am more nervous about the second one , blissful ignorance for the first ,but as you say should be simple enough to deal with the crown

Aand leave the front alone ,don't wanna tempt fate too much .

How much do they charge?are accommodations included

I was charged 1750 pounds including 2 nights hotel AND hotel /airport transfers Dr Resat is no longer with Longevita and works independently I think he charges 1300 for the same deal.

Unfortunately I can't recommend him even though I have

Had a pretty good result strange position to be in .

The Techs I had were very good but who knows if they are still there . Also not sure what the response would be

If the transplant fails.

Maybe worth checking him out and asking how long the techs/nurses have been with him ,but as always better to go with recommended Doc ,just less risk but of course it's

always a gamble to some degree.

How much do they charge?are accommodations included

I was charged 1750 pounds including 2 nights hotel AND hotel /airport transfers Dr Resat is no longer with Longevita and works independently I think he charges 1300 for the same deal.

Unfortunately I can't recommend him even though I have

Had a pretty good result strange position to be in .

The Techs I had were very good but who knows if they are still there . Also not sure what the response would be

If the transplant fails.

Maybe worth checking him out and asking how long the techs/nurses have been with him ,but as always better to go with recommended Doc ,just less risk but of course it's

always a gamble to some degree.