Toppik or Nanogen?

So I have been using Toppik for a couple years along with Dermmatch and I have often found the result to be a bit chalky and saw-dusty. Today, I received my first bottle of Nanogen (light brown) and have to say that it looks much better. Does anyone else feel this way?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

aaron

hi there mate. i have been using toppik and nanogen for donkey years but i just bot my 1st dermatch

since u have been using it for some time, wats the best combo? as in u use dermatch after washing hair? or u dry out the hair and use dermatch? we all know that nanogen or toppik can only be applied after hair is near dry so i am a bit confused here..

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

Before my second HT, I would apply dermmatch first. I'd comb it through, let it dry. And then after about 10-15 minutes, I'd sprinkle Toppik on top. I always thought that this combo looked a bit chalky.

Now as the hair from my second HT grows in, I'm probably not going to use dermmatch in the front region. I thought toppik alone was ok but I wanted to give nanogen a shot. Yesterday, I put it on and it seemed to be a bit better quality than toppik in that it wasn't so chalky or saw-dusty. I was wondering if anyone else thought that nanogen is superior to toppik, given that both products are somewhat similar.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By all accounts it seems that the best results are from a combo of DermMatch and either Toppik or Nanogen, from what I've read on other forums/posts etc the Nanogen ones seem to stick better and feel less chalky.

Guess you'll have to try both and make your own mind up. Think both do money back guarantee's so worth a shot!!

• 4 weeks later...