No-Shave FUE with Dr. Jim Harris (Prior FUTs: Dr. Alba Reyes Sajiv/Dr. Waesche

gijedi

Wanted to share recent experience with Dr. Harris.

-I Started as a Norwood 6

-Had FUT 3/15 with Dr Alba Reyes Sajiv in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. 2,270 grafts/4,631 hairs to frontal region. Excellent results and experience there.

-Second FUT with Dr. Waesche @ PAI in Indiannapolis 10/15. 1,081grafts/4,445 hairs to crown. That went well enough, Crown's tough to fill in in one shot.

-Third procedure just a few days ago was a No-Shave FUE with Dr. Jim Harris in Colorado. I just didn't want to go thru another strip procedure and shaving my head was NOT an option. Had around 700 grafts/1,500 hairs to finish filling in small remaining area of baldness. Absolutely the easiest of the three procedures, ZERO pain or discomfort at donor or recipient sites. Great office, doctor and staff.

All in all have lucked out with good experience at all three places and good results everywhere (yes, it may be a little early to say about this last one but at this point I think I can tell..).

For anyone interested....

I'm one week post no-shave FUE with Dr. Harris/Colorado.Great experience.

Wanted to comment on the my experience recovering from FUE vs FUT. FUE is SO MUCH EASIER ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.

Had have three FUT's.

#1:

First one, '97, or so , some guy in Chicago, can't recall name Not a name I see here: donor scar was tender and painful and numbness in scalp persisted for a very long time. Probably not back to normal for a year or two.

#2:

Dr. Alba Reyes Sajiv, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Early 2015. Much better experience. Pain was minimal, discomfort not bad but again, some numbness and head just not feeling right for 6-9 months after. Overall Excellent results. Very happy with results.

Dr Jeffrey Waesche, PAI Indiannapolis. Late 2015. FUT. Again, numbness and some discomfort for months at donor site. Initial pain not bad , but again, on and off for months you get a weird , out-of-nowhere shock kind of pain every once in a while. No big but still...

Now to FUE...

There's just no pain. Minimal discomfort at a few of the donor site. Nothing more than you'd feel from a bad bug bite, if even that. Just a little sore to touch. No bad nights or awkward sleeping to avoid disturbing donor site. Here's the part I like best: no numbness. Sensation is really back to normal in just a week (yes, there's an "itchy" kind of feeling at some recipient sites, but that's to be expected). Haven't had any scabbing (Didn't really with two last FUT's either...maybe applying the avocado oil they gave me in Santo Domingo has something to do with it ..?). To be fair, the FUE was only 600 grafts, but still.. the difference in recovery and post-op discomfort is night and day..

Strip surgery = 2,270 grafts/4,631 hairs.

Finally got to posting some pictures. Will post separate pictures with results of crown transplants from 15 months ago.

Hate "replying" to my own posts. Can't seem to find "new post" button...

IMG_2150.thumb.jpg.0dfb77ff78daf15b5e622292af573a51.jpg

IMG_2149.thumb.jpg.e5d7b92ba112d0b9c27ae27414981202.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg.543083496e4fe2d1f686bd16851d48e8.jpg

IMG_3264.thumb.jpg.027525edcdf55387d3c124c8a30d39b0.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.1de420159d322d8e42be9bf78250455e.jpg

IMG_1191.thumb.jpg.a56dae1aaa19436221ce4acd1f69469f.jpg

Yes. Dr. Harris/office/staff, as you obviously figured out, all great! Can't say enough good things about the entire experience.

You and I are on about the same timeline as my procedure was just little over a week ago. We'll have to touch base again in six months. From my past experiences, that's when I've really noticed a real difference and gone "wow".

I'm currently using Rogaine Foam again, BTW and using a Hairmax laser comb too (who knows if that thing even works!!). I'll probably tire of the laser comb in a couple of months like I did after prior transplant.. but have been on rogaine foam for two years now and plan on continuing indefinitely.

Good luck to you and patience! It takes a while!

Congrats on your procedure with Dr. Harris. I had 2 no-shave FUE's with him (initial one and then small touch-up) and totally agree with your assessment. Awesome and relatively easy procedure and fantastic doctor and staff! Even better, incredible results. I feel VERY fortunate to have used him as my transplant surgeon.

Keep us updated on your progress!

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Thanks MH.

Will do.

I plan on doing whole set of pics in about 6-9 months.

For those that are no-shave candidates, particularly after personally having had three strip surgeries, it's the only way to go. It's so much easier. I wonder why more docs aren't offering it (actually, I do know the answer, it's more labor-intensive)...

• 2 months later...
Was your procedure all manual? What areas were transplanted in (i.e recipient site location)? Good growing.

PS How long did procedure take?

-All manual with Harris's SAFE system motorized FUE device.

-Crown was recipient area.

-Procedure took 5 hours or so (additional time was needed to shave the donor sites individually prior to the harvesting. That time is included in the 5 hours).