Thinking of going the surgery route

Hello everyone,

I have started losing hair back when I was 18 years old and now I am 23 I have been on and off the pill for 3 years now and I am afraid it is not making the results I was hoping, I keep noticing hair falled of my hair I plan on keep using it for the years to come but I feel that surgery is the old solution to restore some of my lost hair.

4Z2uFQ5.jpg

k8cLapc.jpg

mjVuUGO.png

WEx5g33.png

Here are some pictures of my situation

What do you think? How many grafts or I need to have a decent hair or am I a lost cause?

Thanl you!

• Administrators

There has been a lot of these threads lately, unfortunately your donor area looks very sparse, it looks depleted already without having surgery, I would continue with the meds consistently and see how you do, you still have a lot of hair left, but the pattern appears to be Norwood 7 in the future probably by the time you're 30 unless you stabilize it. At this point in time you're not a candidate unfortunately.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I certainly agree with HTsoon' observations. And my premonition is that AncientStormyX has some Norwood 7s in your family history?

The tough thing is that when we start losing our hair at that young age in the teens and that much is lost by the early 20s, it's almost always a strong indication of reaching class 7 at an early age.

So I also would not recommend any surgery but rather just wearing a short buzzed hair style because you have a good shaped scalp to support that type of hair style.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks guys for the input, yes sadly our whole family has some king of receding hair, my father had it and my older brother followed suite my other brother is 1 year older than me he used finasteride for couple of years and looking at him now his hair is in a better shape than before.

I've tried the buzz haircut couple of times but because of my thin hair it made even worse under the sun. I dont really care about having most of my hair back but rather at-least have a little fullier hair to help when the sun shines on my head. I guess I keep on the meds and sprays and hope for the best! Thanks again for your sincere help and advice.

That's a great attitude...forgot to mention to look into top notch quality hair systems...you would be amazed at how natural and undetectable they can be these days.

And the best thing about it?...you can have a full head of hair!...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Great Attitude, see how you make out with meds. HT is not the option right now. I think you are saving a lot of headaches. Hopefully a better option appears soon. I know some folks that had minor hairloss that had surgeries, that are now chasing to get fixed. Some had a couple surgeries and may have a donor with very noticeable damage. No matter how your donor or hair is right now, be happy that you do not face this damage which makes folks stare and question what happened to their head. Keep your scalp virgin and yourself healthy for now. Best wishes.