how soon after ht should I use rogaine?

I normally use Rogaine foam in the shower after shampooing. I had a HT 1 week ago. The post op instructions I have from the ht center say:

"Do not use rubbing alcohol or styling products containing alcohol for 2 weeks after surgery"

There are 3 different types of alcohol listed in the inactive ingredients on the metal Rogaine foam dispenser. I found another reference on the web where 1 doctor recommends using Rogaine 5-7 days after the procedure:

Post Hair Transplant usage of Minoxidil Increases Hair Growth

Which approach did you use? I could see another conditional scenario where you wait to use Rogaine until all the scabs on your scalp are gone. However, if you're applying vitamin e oil to your scalp then I think the scabs should be gone by day 7 for the most part anyway.

It's always best to follow the instructions of your hair transplant surgeon. However, it's generally safe to apply the drug once the scabs have fallen off. At 2 weeks post-op, you should be quite safe to start Rogaine.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Well, everyone heals differently and I think the real issue here is that your scalp is healed of all scabs and wounds created by the high number of incisions.

But I also cannot stress enough to follow what your surgeon advises you to do.

Congrats on your recent procedure....;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

When in doubt, follow your doctors instructions on this, and reach out to the clinic personally if you need clarification. Each doctor will have a slightly different view on this and it's always best to heed their advice.

For example, this is from the FAQ section on Dr. Mohebi's website: "Patients are not supposed to put any topical on the recipient area for the first 7 days after their hair transplant but you can use Rogaine after the first week. In fact patients who are recommended to use Rogaine after their procedure should start it right after day 7."

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I recently had FUE and started using Rogaine 7 days post op. My FUE clinic (Shapiro Medical) was ok with it as long as it did not cause irritation in the grafted area. That is really the main concern here. I have also started taking prescription oral minoxidil (2.5mg / day) to see if it helps with regrowth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------