1cm lower hairline. how many grafts

So is there a general number on how many grafts 1cm lower takes? I know that the front can suck up alot of grafts.

The question is if its worth to lower it a bit maybe 0.5cm or aim for denisty and save for the future instead...

So how many grafts would 1 cm lower take?

Options:

The front is certain that i have to give more density to. But i dont know, just dont feel happy about my hairline. Either to wide forhead or to high on the sides....

1. Just straighten the hairline.

Cons : to agressive?

2. Temple points.

Cons : hard to get natural and what is mort important little better hairline or temple points?

Also, how many grafts would it take?

3. Both hairline and temple points?

Cons : How many grafts would that require?

Snapchat-883365129.thumb.jpg.7498aea89223de3ba567b8d11f1ba392.jpg

Snapchat-29476392.thumb.jpg.d60bc5df8335acc617b83f49405bfa4f.jpg

Snapchat-117570832.thumb.jpg.49620d7afc8617139e3df9b4a5d97889.jpg

Snapchat-1777839356.thumb.jpg.eeb3cfca517628b4347a822b16008be1.jpg

another picture. Im not happy how my face is framed. Feels like my forehead is to wide in all directions.

But how to fix this wihtout wasting grafts. Since the front has to be thickened up also.

IMG_20161212_170916.thumb.jpg.3dfe50cce05fd4b2bf24f4b1335b9be0.jpg

First of all as explained previously, be careful with the terms "temple points" and "temple corners."

I indicated the difference in a previous thread, and even included an actual example on a Dr. Konior patient.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184953-temple-point-luxury-important-4.html

Image:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=101021&d=1480407882

You need to get these right otherwise the doctor will not understand which areas you want worked on.

From your pics, your temple points (the sides or triangles pointing to your eyebrows) are fine but I think your temple corners could use some reinforcement.

I think doing only the temple corners might be difficult (but not impossible), and some hairline lowering may be required. But hairline lowering plus the temple corners will require around 2,000 or more grafts.

How many previous procedures have you had and do you think you have 2,000-2,500 grafts left?

Any particular surgeons you're looking at?

temples_.jpg.b3f15cc01c9033f2763fe8e055f7d046.jpg

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Your hair looks course. I don't think you should drop anything at your age. Maybe reinforce your natural hairline and a little temple points.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yes my hair is very course and curly. At least in the donor. The front isnt as curly.

Thats the thing, i dont want to be aggresive so that i run into problems in the future. At the same time im not happy how my face is framed now. My first prio is to thicken up the front. I have to do it and all my focus will be on it. Then if i could i would like to lower the hairline just a little bit.Not the center just the sides on the center. . maybe 0.25 cm...

Maybe reinforce your natural hairline and a little temple points.

If I had the time I would download and save his pic and use some photo edit app to put a red arrow where his current temple points are

-> they look fine.

Temple corners are recessed and need some work and maybe some hairline work/lowering too.

OP is free to have any part of his scalp worked on, but if you wanted "crown" work done and went to a surgeon and said you needed "frontal third" work done he will end up working on the wrong part of your head... (as an example).

Maybe just say you want your "temples" done.

Anyway, just trying help. Good luck

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

You were calling your "temple corners" as "temple points," that will likely confuse most hair restoration surgeons. Anyway the easiest thing to do is just say "temples" the doc will know what to do if he's an elite one.

Yeah you will need around 1,000 or so to lower the hairline as mentioned on page one, then some additional grafts to fill in the corners. 2,000-2,500 will work, unless you go with ASMED then you will need 3,800 or more I guess...

go dense or go home

Yes.

One thing you can do is to search google images or even this site for keywords "temple corner" or "temple" "hair transplant" and try to find someone with a similar hairloss pattern and case as yours. Then see how many grafts are used and what the final results are.

For example this is one case that shows up with a similar search:

Alternatively you can send your photos to the online rep of a hair restoration surgeon recommended on this forum and see what kind of estimate you get

good luck

go dense or go home

i find this really hard. I really dont want to be aggresive and so something stupid, yet im not happy with how it looks now...

I uploaded more pictures.... What would you guys do. Lets say we have 1500-2500 grafts to play with..

REMEMBER that thicken up the front is my prio number 1. Dont want to sacrifice thickness in the front..

edit: Front looks thick because of dermmatch.

Snapchat-772523779.thumb.jpg.ac35721ce203ff2e1eb5c8466a6d25d3.jpg

Snapchat-1964878856.thumb.jpg.f6b64538152ba84b31cf3ebf0c76f19c.jpg

Snapchat-1529552401.thumb.jpg.4f2d3d92b91caa54defbae2d0e932780.jpg

Snapchat-1161197119.thumb.jpg.3e57e6bc18e3806303ddcd986395646c.jpg

Snapchat-684385427.thumb.jpg.d5ee27ab7009ced109555c5ebd99f673.jpg

Snapchat-833774696.thumb.jpg.6ee7b4a58e67c73b3c0f622435c0807c.jpg

Snapchat-247858726.thumb.jpg.47dbc3914e98d9d0e7568240e9b59d0f.jpg

Snapchat-1113688778.thumb.jpg.57346474197bf4ac43f564b186320218.jpg

Snapchat-981340276.thumb.jpg.aa2cf680d6f0f40c78123f921827ebcf.jpg

Go with a conservative and respected surgeon such as Dr. Bisanga or Dr. Lupanzula in Belgium.

They will give you a better framed hairline and temple corners, and won't go crazy overaggressive with high graft counts.

Here's an example that reminds me of your case:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t23/BHRClinic/1900%20FUE/beforeandafter.jpg

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

go dense or go home

Go see Konior....I had similar "temple corners" or lack of. You seem to have stronger temple points but the corners are recessed/too far back and it makes you look more recessed than you are. Good thing is it's easily fixable. Dr. K did about 800 single hair grafts and it brought mine out a lot and really reduced the width of the forehead. I don't feel density is as important on the temple corners as on top because the hair lays in a different direction. I look to have pretty full density where he did those 800 and I have really fine textured hair. Not all surgeons will touch temple points or temple corners.....and certainly even fewer are good at it.

Was initially gonna say 1,000 grafts. But the corner looks heavily needed, so making me lean upwards to 1,500 for a healthy result.

• Like 1

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)