FUE by Jerry Cooley MD, 1825 FU@1 Year

This patient is in his 30’s and wanted to restore frontal zone with FUE. We started him on finasteride and performed FUE with 1.0mm motorized punch, yielding a graft count of 1,825 (1-208, 2-441, 3-770, and 4-406). Given his fine hair, we wanted to capture as many 3 and 4’s as possible, hence the slightly larger punch used.

We also performed PRP/ACell to thicken existing hair and promote healing of the FUE extraction sites. We find that PRP/ACell treatment after the extractions are complete enhances healing by reducing scar (fibrosis) formation and promoting regeneration of any transected follicles. He is shown one year post op. After photos are with dry and wet hair.

fue-hair-transplant-north-carolina-1825-1-year-photo-1.jpg

fue-hair-transplant-north-carolina-1825-1-year-photo-2.jpg

fue-hair-transplant-north-carolina-1825-1-year-photo-3.jpg

fue-hair-transplant-north-carolina-1825-1-year-photo-4.jpg

fue-hair-transplant-north-carolina-1825-1-year-photo-5.jpg

fue-hair-transplant-north-carolina-1825-1-year-photo-6.jpg

fue-hair-transplant-north-carolina-1825-1-year-photo-7.jpg

fue-hair-transplant-north-carolina-1825-1-year-donor-photo-1.jpg

fue-hair-transplant-north-carolina-1825-1-year-donor-photo-2.jpg

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com

So just how hard was the patient's arm twisted to go with strip first? :P

The results from this clinic always look very natural to me, I just don't recall seeing many (any?) FUE results. Nice to know there might be another quality option for me without having to traipse the globe.

So just how hard was the patient's arm twisted to go with strip first? :P

The results from this clinic always look very natural to me, I just don't recall seeing many (any?) FUE results. Nice to know there might be another quality option for me without having to traipse the globe.

No arm twisting in our clinic! We tend to just present both options if they both apply to the case and let the patient decide. We like to educate about the pros and cons of each and while strip is still a very straight forward and reliable procedure we've seen FUE increase in reliability over the years as well. Dr. Cooley has been performing FUE on a regular basis for nearly seven years now so he's got the chops to do the job right. It's nice knowing that patients can be "Coolified" with FUE just like they have been for years with strip:)

Regarding our FUE results, you can see some here, including the world's first 4K Ultra HD video of an FUE result. We've got a lot more coming now that we've started taking video seriously so stay tuned. We're just getting started:)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/183436-jerry-cooley-md-4k-video-800-fue-into-scar.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/183053-ultra-hd-4k-video-1500-fue-jerry-cooley-md.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/181626-fue-dr-cooley-1213-grafts-@-10-months.html

Andy,

The use of ACell in this particular case helped with the donor site recovery. As stated in the first post, ACell tends to help prevent fibrosis from forming as much as it would without ACell. It doesn't prevent fibrosis completely but it does promote healthy tissue regeneration. If any follicles have been transected in the donor zone it can help them to regenerate and grow. This helps to reduce potential follicular collateral damage. ACell also helps to strengthen any hairs that are miniaturized which is what we feel happened for this patient.

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

FUE can work out very well in the hands of an experienced surgeon. Absolutely thrilled with my FUE.

Dr. Cooley did a fabulous job here. Very impressive!!!!

fullsizeoutput_29.thumb.jpg.78cadc0854b910a35ada73d3678760d4.jpg

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!

Thank you Modernhair. Dr. Cooley really enjoys performing FUE as it allows him to flex his creative muscles even more due to the intricacies involved with FUE that are different from those found with strip surgery.

We have more 4K FUE videos to share soon.