Sunblock on Recipient 2 weeks post-op?

Plan on spending some time outside and at the beach about 2 weeks after FUT. Will be wearing a hat to block the sun pretty much the entire time, but as a back-up in case I wanted to remove the cap for 5-10 minutes at a time or take a dip in the ocean, I was going to spray my recipient area with a light coat of sunblock. Like I said, I will mostly be wearing a hat.

Any risk to the recipient by giving it a coat of a (potentially greasy) spray-on sunblock 14 days post-op?

Most sunscreens contain alcohol I believe, I would not do it especially at 14 days.

Just stick with the hat or try to stay in the shade as much as you can.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Definitely would not expose the scalp for more than 10 minutes so soon after the procedure.

Make sure the sun block has a high rating of 50 or more...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Exactly, and if you're thinking the sunscreen will allow you to spend more time exposed in the sun that would be a no.

Both are a bad idea at 14 days, don't risk your investment.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Probably the best advice...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

While I don't think there would be a problem using sunscreen at this stage (you should run that by your doctor to make sure), I personally wouldn't even risk taking my hat off in the sun if I were you. Just keep it on or wear a bandana or something. It may not be ideal, but I don't think permanently damaging the grafts by too much sun exposure is worth the risk.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56