Dr. B. Farjo - 1981 FUT repair

This patient is in his 30’s and as can be seen from the pictures had received an unsatisfactory transplant in 2013 from another clinic.

Our aim was to simply make things less noticeable by infilling in between and in front of his original surgery. To this extent a satisfactory outcome has materialised and we will be adding a video in due course.

He received 1981 grafts via FUT with an average 1.8 hairs /graft.

DSC02329a.thumb.jpg.c0792657973783ef2e4a2a74622e6982.jpg

DSC02330a.thumb.jpg.dfd6b4c4c0596dd509afe1b597c8b93c.jpg

DSC02331a.thumb.jpg.fb0a22e1bcf8d66948a12f79e6128ba6.jpg

DSC02332a.thumb.jpg.794177a0805a81751f8db6a71610fd0c.jpg

DSC02333a.jpg.626273c5e06836b1f7870a26b64ffaae.jpg

DSC02334a.jpg.ace5ba265e30595b933ef839f3b682a4.jpg

DSC02336cc.jpg.7f208c481778e1075b8a9f5bc058c5c6.jpg

DSC02338ee.thumb.jpg.26787b3ad2abf840c0e5ac2dd0ad4705.jpg

DSC02339ff.jpg.1f8672c7baad340f326063a6b2ec8249.jpg

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Great natural looking improvement!

Did the patient shave for the procedure and are there post-op pics?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Amazing result. Do you guys have picture of how this case looked under the ugly duckling stage? Interesting since it was a no shave.

Thanks mosd. Unfortunately not. By not shaving though, and as he had a reasonable (albeit thin) covering of hair, this patient will have been able to disguise his procedure quite easily after a couple of weeks.

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Great natural looking improvement!

Did the patient shave for the procedure and are there post-op pics?

Thanks for the comments hsrp10. This was a no shave procedure. The fifth pic was taken immediately post op.

• 2 weeks later...

So here's what I see when I look at photo #1.

1) First and foremost are the darker, thicker transplanted hairs at the front on the left side of the hair line.

2) What I assume are native hairs at the very center tip - they are soft, and wispy and have no "collar" around the hair shaft where the hair exits the skin like other obvious transplanted hairs in the photo.

3) Obviously a lack of density throughout.

4) Collaring around transplanted hairs.

My question is how does one create a soft, natural hairline other than simply adding density? Hairs coming from the back of the head presumably are thicker and darker than native hairs at the front of the hairline. In the end this seems to me to be where the ability to transplant hair successfully ultimately fails to imitate successfully nature. That's not to say a hair transplant can't look good standing a couple feet back, but it seems to me that one can always be able to tell upon close inspection.

Also I would like to see this patient's hairline up close after the procedure, not just a top down view.

But overall an improvement to the original procedure.