Should I use a hair system?

Dmhead

I've been using minoxidil and microneedling for over a year now. This is before and after pictures:

11_05_2015_small.jpg

18_09_2016_small.jpg

I was planning to use the lasercap, but I'm beginning to see no further progress than what I have achieved. It's like the treatment I use is just maintaining the hairs I have left and some small regrowths. So should I just go for a hair system?

Edited by Dmhead

It depends. You can get a great look if done right. It's a lot of work though. You should check out northwest lace forum. Study that and check out the results and see if it's something you could do.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Honestly, when you get to that degree of hairloss (>NW4) the only solution which will give you a full head of hair is a system. Meds are of little help, and transplants look pretty ropey spread out over that much empty space.

I have been wearing a system for a few years now, and have been really happy with it. Of course there is a bit of maintenance and expense, but they are quite manageable, and it has allowed me to enjoy my young prime years with a nice head of hair, which has helped my confidence in my social and work life. You can get great looking systems now for under $300 if you know where to look, and they are pretty much completely undetectable. This solution is not for everyone, but it is worth investigating if your hairloss is bothering you.

Thanx for the recommendations people. I do wonder: If a hair system is going to be placed on my head, do I have to shave everything from the top away? And how long does a hair system last before I must change to a new one?

Thanx for the recommendations people. I do wonder: If a hair system is going to be placed on my head, do I have to shave everything from the top away? And how long does a hair system last before I must change to a new one?

On average, 3-4 months.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

3 months to 4, but you will need to reattach weekly so I think that self maintenance is important.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Also, if you're just starting out, you should consider getting a poly perimeter on lace OR a skin system. That way, the glue won't go thru the lace and into the hair. The clean up will be a lot easier for you.

The guys over at Northwest are your go to guys. You should really send Eric an email (the owner of North West Lace). He strikes me as honest and knowledgeable. My last piece of advice to you is to get a custom order.

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I am definitely seeing what looks like progress however, the photos aren't the most accurate before/afters. The before is in natural lighting while the after seems to be taken indoors under regular lighting. The most important thing is however, if you are seeing actual results in the mirror. How do you feel it's been going for you?

Best wishes,

Bill

I am definitely seeing what looks like progress however, the photos aren't the most accurate before/afters. The before is in natural lighting while the after seems to be taken indoors under regular lighting. The most important thing is however, if you are seeing actual results in the mirror. How do you feel it's been going for you?

Best wishes,

Bill

I feel very little progress in this year. I have photos from january to november:

14_01_2016.jpg

28_06_2016.jpg

So you can see, I have managed to get some regrowths, but the hair follicles are quite thin and sort of lifeless.

Edited by Dmhead

I get up to 12-months from my lace piece. depends on the quality and your care

Idk. I think the best looking systems are lretty delication and not roo dense, so I find a 12 month system pretty suspect, but I'd have to see pics to make that judgement. I think a fair rule to twll someone is around 4 months for a light to medium light density unit.

View Spanker's Website

OP should go light or extra light so of course it wont last as long at my light medium.

However, I can still get 12-months, but since I moved my job I change every 6-months - not because of system degrade but because I like the cut in

If you want a good attachment shaving is your best bet, but I have seen clients that do not shave and can do their own attachment daily do fine.

The lifespan of a system varies greatly depending on care. If you wear 24 hrs a day expect a few months, if you take off nightly you can get up to a couple of years out of a system. As you learn, you can make them last longer.