Undecided Rahal FUT Or Erdogan FUE

parsia

Hello guys .

I need some help about choosing between these two surgeons ,I will have my surgery

in the next two months , So I'm very confused at this moment. Both are my favorite

but I am considering Rahal FUT ( I can't afford his FUE AND He is better in FUT ) and

I also like Erdogan works as well , Just wanna ask your opinion about which one you

perfer? Your help is appreciated.

Both do great work, so you have chosen two great doctors. How many grafts were you recommended?

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

You are going about it the wrong way mate. 1st you gotta choose whether FUT or FUE is preferable for you, and only hen you choose your surgeon. Provide us with pics and what is your lifetime donor supply?

I agree. Personally no disrespect to Turkey or any doctors there I would not go there now.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Both do great work, so you have chosen two great doctors. How many grafts were you recommended?

Thanks for your kindly respond , Actually I have recommended by 4000 grafts with DR.Rahal and hasson , The problem is the pics make DR.RAHAL mislead also , Although the pics meet his standard , At first he told me 2500 grafts , Then I sent more outside pictures and He offered 4000 grafts . All I can say is I'm in NWIII .

You are going about it the wrong way mate. 1st you gotta choose whether FUT or FUE is preferable for you, and only hen you choose your surgeon. Provide us with pics and what is your lifetime donor supply?

I see , I can upload more pictures for you if it can help , However upon my research on FUT You can get more yield and hairs from grafts , I only like to know which surgeon work do

you guys prefer more? When it comes to hairline , Density and Design.

Rahal doesn't do High number grafts FUE like the turks AFAIK and IMO if you can get the same number of Grafts FUE for the same price at a recommended Dr and you don't think you will need future operations AWLAYS go for FUE but thats my opinion.

The turkish Drs are the mostly the only ones who can do 4000+ FUE sessions

Rahal does some great FUT work, but for FUE definitely Erdogan though Turkey is not so geopolitically stable at present time so consider the risks etc.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Rahal does some great FUT work, but for FUE definitely Erdogan though Turkey is not so geopolitically stable at present time so consider the risks etc.

Ok thank you so much ,I totally agree that Rahal do better job on FUT Than his FUE.But I think I have to clear my thoughts better

to get more help from you guys , When you look at the outcome pics of Rahal and Erdogan , Which one do you prefer more?

When it comes to design , Density , Looks natural , hairline ?

That's a tough call, and really depends on the individual hair characteristics of each patient. I like the FUT cases done on caucasians with fine hair that Rahal has produced, Ernie's case as an example, because I have similar type hair so that's what I look for when checking results.

Also in the numbers game, Rahal seems to transplant at maximum density of 60 grafts/cm2 while Erdogan from what I've read advertises 55 grafts/cm2. But I'm sure they both may go higher/lower depending on the patient's needs.

What is your hair type and caliber btw?

Fine, coarse, average?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Thats a good question and good point , Thanks for the reply.

Actually I'm middle eastern , so my hair is black , Regarding to DR.Rahal I can say my hair texture is wavy type ( Although its mild wavy) hair caliber is medium and donor density is average , He said all upon my photos. He recommended 4000 grafts . average density would be 34 cm different zone 1 to 6.

But my assumption is I don't need zone 5 and 6 , I think the photos doesn't show the reality , So the density can be go up . So what do you think now?:)

Dr. Lorenzo recommends density ranges between 45-70 grafts/cm2, so even with dark wavy hair I would go higher in zone 1 than 34cm2, especially if your hair caliber is medium (though I know he did mention "average density").

You could always skip zones 5-6 for now and monitor, to save grafts for the future or if as you said work is not required there.

Link on density from Dr. Lorenzo:

http://www.injertocapilar.com/English/density.htm

go dense or go home

Dr. Lorenzo recommends density ranges between 45-70 grafts/cm2, so even with dark wavy hair I would go higher in zone 1 than 34cm2, especially if your hair caliber is medium (though I know he did mention "average density").

You could always skip zones 5-6 for now and monitor, to save grafts for the future or if as you said work is not required there.

Link on density from Dr. Lorenzo:

density

Yes that make sense , but I'm not sure if I can ask them to change their plan on my hair about my density ? Although they told me they would be more aggressive in the front , So between those two doctors which one would be better for my hair type do you think?

Honest gut feeling is to go with Erdogan, when things calm down in Turkey a little bit.

But both doctors are great at their specialties, Rahal for FUT and Erdogan for FUE.

go dense or go home

Honest gut feeling is to go with Erdogan, when things calm down in Turkey a little bit.

But both doctors are great at their specialties, Rahal for FUT and Erdogan for FUE.

I see , I personally like Rahal works a bit better over Erdogan , The only main difference is

price , which I am not sure how much should I consider that , I also can only go outside of U.S in This JAN , So don't want to wait a year more for turkey to calm down. Due to my research you will get better dense and more hair from FUT . So I am still thinking and undecided:) Thanks for your help.

Then there it is, you have reached a logical conclusion to your case regarding which doctor to choose!

Congrats :cool:

Did you get an actual booking date for January yet?

go dense or go home

Yes Sir Thank you,

Yes I did that for 16th Jan .

Parsia, good choice buddy. When did you book? Jan16 is close, that's why I ask. Was that a cancellation spot that opened?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Parsia, good choice buddy. When did you book? Jan16 is close, that's why I ask. Was that a cancellation spot that opened?

Hi Ernie , thanks for your kind , Make long story short , I have schedule it 5-6 months ago for a different time ,

Then I had to change it because of my Visa Status in U.S . So I have changed it to Jan16 , No it wasn't a

cancellation spot with discount if thats what you mean , I have changed my procedure date couple times so far

because of my visa issue , Before I forgot , I have looked at your result , and I've got surprised to see that regrowth

in only 7 months ! On my treatment plan( Online consultation ) they offered me 35 cm2 for 4000 grafts which is lower

density than what I want. was your real transplant different than what DR.RAHAL told you upon the pic ? and was he

flexible about your desire?

Hi Ernie , thanks for your kind , Make long story short , I have schedule it 5-6 months ago for a different time ,

Then I had to change it because of my Visa Status in U.S . So I have changed it to Jan16 , No it wasn't a

cancellation spot with discount if thats what you mean , I have changed my procedure date couple times so far

because of my visa issue , Before I forgot , I have looked at your result , and I've got surprised to see that regrowth

in only 7 months ! On my treatment plan( Online consultation ) they offered me 35 cm2 for 4000 grafts which is lower

density than what I want. was your real transplant different than what DR.RAHAL told you upon the pic ? and was he

flexible about your desire?

He was flexible with me yes, but that's because of my age (41), my commitment to meds, and it being my first HT.

He'll work with your density concerns - but realize as one of his patients you will represent his work on the top of your head, so to protect his reputation he's not gonna pack the front if your heading to a NW6, not on meds, etc...

Lastly, the "35g/cm2" he quoted you is probably an average.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

He was flexible with me yes, but that's because of my age (41), my commitment to meds, and it being my first HT.

He'll work with your density concerns - but realize as one of his patients you will represent his work on the top of your head, so to protect his reputation he's not gonna pack the front if your heading to a NW6, not on meds, etc...

Lastly, the "35g/cm2" he quoted you is probably an average.

Thanks.I see ,Honestly I was thinking about Erdogan too , But I believe if I do the FUT with Rahal 4000grafts , then the price

wouldn't be that much different with Erdogan FUE . I was going to ask about your density but I found it on your thread.

That looks perfect to me.

Thanks.I see ,Honestly I was thinking about Erdogan too , But I believe if I do the FUT with Rahal 4000grafts , then the price

wouldn't be that much different with Erdogan FUE . With considering that with FUT you may survive more hairs. So what

was your density with that 3000 grafts ? Because that looks perfect to me.

My overall density was 51gr/cm2.

60 upfront, working toward 55 immediately behind the hairline, then back to 45-50? Who knows.

Just trust him, he's an effing artist man. And he's honest, humble, ethical, boa bla bla

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just had a Rahal 4175 FUT two months ago, and I cant comment too much on your exact query, as I have no experience of Asmed, but I can tell you that Rahal himself and his entire organisation is a very professional and impressive place.

Im two and a half months in, my FUT scar is pretty much gone, and my grafts have started growing. FUT seems scary, removing a whole strip of skin is a scary thought, I totally get that, but when your there, in the chair, and its happening, its really not that scary. I will learn more as my grafts grow in, but I have high hopes.

Id trust Dr Rahal. He is a very straight talking no nonsense guy and he is very well proven. Canada is also a really nice safe place too.

Go to Rahal, you wont regret it!!

Ive just had a Rahal 4175 FUT two months ago, and I cant comment too much on your exact query, as I have no experience of Asmed, but I can tell you that Rahal himself and his entire organisation is a very professional and impressive place.

Im two and a half months in, my FUT scar is pretty much gone, and my grafts have started growing. FUT seems scary, removing a whole strip of skin is a scary thought, I totally get that, but when your there, in the chair, and its happening, its really not that scary. I will learn more as my grafts grow in, but I have high hopes.

Id trust Dr Rahal. He is a very straight talking no nonsense guy and he is very well proven. Canada is also a really nice safe place too.

Go to Rahal, you wont regret it!!

Hi thanks for reading my thread and sharing with me your experience , I love rahal works too and he is my 1st choice , My only concern is if he just don't give me the average density that I'm looking for , Since what I've got in my treatment plan is around 35cm2 , And at the same time I am waiting for canadian embassy to review my visa request , So I'm not sure which one will be work for me .