Considering Konior. Are you an ex-patient?

crankyhair

Choosing a surgeon is extremely tough and I would really, REALLY appreciate your help. I’ve gone through so many names over past 2 years. Many of the top names have at least a few rather bad results out there that may or may not be indicative of an issue (and yes I know every surgeon supposedly has a few, so no need to point that out; but it doesn’t make you feel any better if end up being that patient). Some gave me a huckstering vibe in their videos (“as you can see these are Fantastic results” one respected name says over and over again). Many leave most of the work to their techs (that's a deal-breaker). Some sound a bit mad scientist-like in their posts on this forum. And I’m never rolling the dice on Turkey just to save money.

So I’m leaning toward Konior. He’s super expensive, however, and his number of FUE pics out there is very small. I couldn't find any significant complaints about him online aside from some brief anonymous post on a rip off report website that might not even be real. So this question is for former patients of his, I’m wondering if you can send me a PM? You can post below if you prefer, but I'm trying to encourage candor. *I will not repeat anything you say anywhere, not to any doctor, or on any forum,* I’m just trying to get a private sense if there’s anything else I should know here before taking the plunge. Thanks for reading.

Well, I'm his rep, so you probably don't want to talk to new, but it looks like you are mid forties, a nw2, and on fin, so you have a lot going for you.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I don't think you going to find much if any dirt on Dr. Konior if that's what you are looking for.

His great reputation is indeed real.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I don't think you going to find much if any dirt on Dr. Konior if that's what you are looking for.

His great reputation is indeed real.

Good to hear. But I'm still going to beat the bushes like mad trying to find any dissenting opinions before committing to elective head surgery. Too many patients do not. (And really, not "dirt" as you contextualize it --- as if anything other than the usual cheerleading on this site, even privately given, is somehow unseemly).

Good approach, good luck

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

There is nothing to know....

This is the Internet, people spout off all the time. Half of the "bad" reviews of surgeons on this site are from people upset their transplanted hair "is falling out" a month after their transplant. I think you catch my drift.

I'm a results person. People talk a lot online.....normally with very little to back up their talk because they are anonymous and can make stuff up pretty easily. Look at Konior RESULTS. That's all that matters. You can get a lot of people on this site who have emailed or consulted with Dr. K and got fast replies, etc. but never actually had surgery with him. Take it from people like myself....and others who have posted on here who actually have had surgery with him. You see the pics, you see the results.

Like you said, it's elective head surgery. You need to go with someone who is not only good...but is ethical. He will tell you straight out whether your expectations are unreasonable for your HT, the pros/cons of FUE vs FUT, etc.

I don't look at myself as a cheerleader because I sing his praises. I've seen so many bad results on this site and I feel for those people because I know hair loss or a botched HT can bury someone's self-esteem and someone's pocketbook. I just feel it's my ethical duty as a person and HT recipient to let people know how quality he is as a surgeon....and I'm obviously not alone. I don't like seeing people going to surgeon's because one guy is the cheapest or promised this or that. This is a serious surgery and in the right hands can change most peoples' lives.