When should I stop taking biotin?

Biotin is a supplement and not a medical drug so you can stop it any time without worrying about side effects from stopping.

I've been taking it for the past six years as its relatively inexpensive and good for hair.

You can get your natural daily dose from the following foods it seems.

8 Foods Rich in Biotin / Nutrition / Vitamins and Minerals

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Exactly what hsrp10 said. It's completely up to you and depends on how beneficial it seems to you to take it. When it comes to vitamins and supplements and their impact on hair loss, you'll find very different schools of thought depending on who you talk to. Some find them useful, and some think it's nothing but snake oil. If you feel like it's working for you, I'd keep taking it. Otherwise, no harm at all in stopping.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Honestly I never thought you could not get enough of biotin. Upon reading on the subject it is fairly hard to absorb at times (depending on the source) and you need to make sure your supplement is of very good quality. No cutting corners here. Good luck.