Shaved Head with Donor Scar - Anyone Besides me ?

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I have probably had at least 4 HT in the last 15 yrs.

Many yrs ago, I shaved my head, exposing a huge strip donor scar. People on the street stared at me. My doctor demanded me to tell her when I had my cranial-otomy. Seriously. No joke.

I decided to grow my hair out, and stick with the #2 I had enjoyed and gotten great compliments.

I decided to go for the shaved head again, about 1 yr ago. But this time, I would figure out a way to shave my entire head, EXCEPT for the donor scar. I artistically figured out a way to simply leave about a #2 length around the donor scar.

So now, 90% of my head is shaved with a '0'. Yes. I have a shaved head.

Except, the back of my head has a rectangular shaped area slightly wider than the donor scar.

My goal was to make it look like the many guys who are bald, who have a patch of hair above the nape of their neck.

Well, it doesn't exactly look like that. It looks like a guy with a full head of hair who chooses to shave his head bald, but for some odd reason leaves a strip of hair on the back of his head, above his neck.

The width of the patch is about 1 inch.

I shaved off the tails of the donor scar on the left & right sides, so you can actually see 2 little scars at each end of the donor scar.

But the meat of the scar is covered with a patch of hair with about a growth of a #2.

People have accepted me. Nobody gives me a hard time. Comparing this look to the last time where I EXPOSED THE DONOR SCAR, no comparison.

Before, I people thought I had brain surgery.

Now, I just look like a guy who has hair growing on his donor scar to people who are in the 'know'...but to most folks, they figure I just choose to leave a tiny patch of hair on the back of my head.

Wanted to know, if anyone else has tried this ?

If so, what was the response ?

And as a HT veteran, this gave me the most freedom and joy I have ever felt in years.

Also, I work out, and am fairly muscular, which helps a lot.

Some people have said the only reason it works for me, is because of that reason.

Please, anybody out there, share your feedback with me, or your experiences if you are thinking about SHAVING YOUR HEAD or have SHAVED YOUR HEAD.

It'll change your life, but I highly recommend having some hair over the donor scar (#2).

If you do it artistically, nobody most of the time will notice, and in my opinion, if oyu have a strip scar (circa 1995), you wanna keep it covered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry to pull this old thread out, but does this more or less mean one who gets a HT done, can never shave to 0?

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

• 5 weeks later...

well, look at jamie foxx... ok, he doesn't shave it to 0, but certainly keeps it very short, and instead of what you do, he has a big tattoo over his scar on the back of his head... there are all kinds of possibilities, the important thing is to be confident and to 'own' it, lol

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Jamie Foxx, is a little different. He has Black hair and blackskin, so even with a tattoo it is easier to blend in.

Here is an idea I have been toying around with.

I have noticed that some people have begun tattooing their heads to give the scalp the darker appearance of hair.

What if you just tattoo the scar area and buzz down to a #2? Would that blend it enough to just make it seem like the skin or would tha scar still be visible?

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I have probably had at least 4 HT in the last 15 yrs.

Many yrs ago, I shaved my head, exposing a huge strip donor scar. People on the street stared at me. My doctor demanded me to tell her when I had my cranial-otomy. Seriously. No joke.

I decided to grow my hair out, and stick with the #2 I had enjoyed and gotten great compliments.

I decided to go for the shaved head again, about 1 yr ago. But this time, I would figure out a way to shave my entire head, EXCEPT for the donor scar. I artistically figured out a way to simply leave about a #2 length around the donor scar.

So now, 90% of my head is shaved with a '0'. Yes. I have a shaved head.

Except, the back of my head has a rectangular shaped area slightly wider than the donor scar.

My goal was to make it look like the many guys who are bald, who have a patch of hair above the nape of their neck.

Well, it doesn't exactly look like that. It looks like a guy with a full head of hair who chooses to shave his head bald, but for some odd reason leaves a strip of hair on the back of his head, above his neck.

The width of the patch is about 1 inch.

I shaved off the tails of the donor scar on the left & right sides, so you can actually see 2 little scars at each end of the donor scar.

But the meat of the scar is covered with a patch of hair with about a growth of a #2.

People have accepted me. Nobody gives me a hard time. Comparing this look to the last time where I EXPOSED THE DONOR SCAR, no comparison.

Before, I people thought I had brain surgery.

Now, I just look like a guy who has hair growing on his donor scar to people who are in the 'know'...but to most folks, they figure I just choose to leave a tiny patch of hair on the back of my head.

Wanted to know, if anyone else has tried this ?

If so, what was the response ?

And as a HT veteran, this gave me the most freedom and joy I have ever felt in years.

Also, I work out, and am fairly muscular, which helps a lot.

Some people have said the only reason it works for me, is because of that reason.

Please, anybody out there, share your feedback with me, or your experiences if you are thinking about SHAVING YOUR HEAD or have SHAVED YOUR HEAD.

It'll change your life, but I highly recommend having some hair over the donor scar (#2).

If you do it artistically, nobody most of the time will notice, and in my opinion, if oyu have a strip scar (circa 1995), you wanna keep it covered.

Sly Bald Guys Forum - Index

Those guys are really great. A great support group. Those guys are sincere and kind.

I shave my head and use Rogaine.

tah-tah for now ;-)

<3

fvae5x.jpg

• 1 month later...

I would love to be able to shave my head , im new here also so im not sure on measuring my length yet , but i had about 8 HT's done 20 yrs ago and the strip scars have stretched . They are small in length but are randomly all over my donor area and it seems just in the last couple of yrs it has gotten a lot thinner back there also.

I have keep it at a decent length and even at that if you look close you can see thin spots. I had some grafs placed in some of the scar area but will still have to have more done , is it uncommon to lose more hair in the donor area becasue it sure looks like i have.

• 5 months later...

Hi, i'm new here. I had my donor scar tattoo on friday. I will attach more pic once the redness is gone.

Please comment-- good or bad yes.gif

here is the URL:

(Link removed by moderator - See Terms of Service)

Edited by TakingThePlunge

km888,

Congratulations on your recent scar tattoo. I encourage you to share your photos with this community by adding a photo album to your profile or by creating a Hair Restoration Website.

All the best,

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website